cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Beezer83
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP ENVY 5660 printer driver unavailable

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought printer.  Installed per directions but computer keeps saying "driver unavailable".  The two Canons i had produced that same error.  I don't know what is going on.  It is connected fine to my wifi.  It prints but I cannot print from my computer.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,212 13,160 1,339 3,474
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5660-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6809225/mod...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Beezer83
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have installed the whole thing.   Thought I uninstalled everything to try and re-install but now that's all messed up because it keeps saying it's already installed and now says install error.  Tried talking to a rep on the phone but after 2 hours of frustration and no help  (Ithink some things were done that made it worse!), I gave up.  I tried to install the Windows 8.1 drivers but that didn't work either.  I think my next step is to just do a factory reset back to the windows version my laptop came with.  VERY frustrating.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Beezer83
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I clicked on all things that had HP and uninstalled them.  I went to re-install and it was going along until I got this:

Install failed

Installation Error

could not open key  

unknown\components\ (insert numbers).  verify have sufficient access to that key or contact support personnel.

do i try to uninstall those numbers?

0 Kudos
Beezer83
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok...now i'm getting dangerous.  i have no idea what that rep did the other night but my computer is not working

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What rep?  You called for support for your PC?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Beezer83
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I called the rep for HP.  My computer was fine.  Then she started doing some things and I got the feeling she wasn't quite sure of what she was doing.  Messing with the configuration settings and stuff.  And at one point, she caused my internet connection to disappear.  My internet was fine, my phone was working, my son was online but she insisted it was my internet and not the computer.  When I got in the config stuff, I undid what she did and rebooted, she yelled at me for rebooting but guess what, my internet came back.  So I am not sure if the other things she did caused other issues or not.  I just lost my Word application so now I can't open any Word docs...I just backed up stuff onto an external.  I think I want to restore to the state it was in when I got the laptop but not sure what I may lose or mess up even more.

0 Kudos
Beezer83
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot believe I can print from my phone, my fire tablet, and email but NOT from my laptop!!!!

0 Kudos
RichAnt
Level 7
716 706 30 93
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is old news, but WOW!  WOW!  WOW!  Too bad your OS, software etc. was ruined.

Firstly, the printer may be defective.  Assuming that's not the case, There's a couple of things (caveat,  I am not an expert).   A driver is part of the software for the printer (in this case the 5660) that enables printing.  Look to the software as a problem.

You say it prints and the printer is connected to wi-fi.  Do you mean it copies to a print?  That is internal to the printer.   On the front, a solid blue light on the front indicates wi-fi connection. 

No. 1):   Probably all you needed to do was to CORRECTLY install the printer software in the first place. You can do that now or at any time. Sometimes that has resolved various problems. Go to 123.HP.com while the printer and computer are turned on. They say if you do that with a smart phone it might find all computers, Canon, etc.  If not you need to install software individually for each. After download/install, it should work.

No. 2):   The computer may not be recognizing the printer wirelessly.  Maybe rebooting modem, printer and computer (turn off and on in that order)  could help with that.  Leave modem off 60 seconds and let each completely turn on.  The printer will wirelessly connect to the modem and the computer should find the printer.

Also, there is HP web page for downloads.  Download for Full Feature Software: [ https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5660-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6809225/mo...  ]    It opens a page titled:   Software and Driver Results for HP 5660 e-all-in-one Printer ; and includes software, firmware, various functions such as email, etc.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation