cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4thGradeTeach
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP ENVY 5661 not printing in color

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5661
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP Computer, running windows 8.1 and just bought the ENVY 5661 at Costco. I can't get it to print in color. However, the "Print Quality Diagnostic" paper printed in color. The first test sheet printed in color.

I've tried printing from the internet, photos, and a word doc and nothing prints in color. I can't see a "Print in Grayscale" option, and I've tried changing the printing options from "best" to "economy".

Please help. The recycling crew just took away my box so not sure returning it is an option. Ugh.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Sizzlingsum_13
Retired
Retired
1,409 1,409 74 136
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@4thGradeTeach

Thanks for reaching out to the forums!

I understand that you are having the print setting issues on your printer.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

Click the “Color” tab in the Printing Preferences window and select the “Print in grayscale” option. Select the “High quality” setting in the drop-down list below the “Print in grayscale” option. Click the “Apply” button, then click “OK.” Close the "Devices and Printers" window.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Cheers, Have a nice day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
4thGradeTeach
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As I stated in my original post, I do not have any of the options that you suggest I change. There is no "grayscale" option at all. 

0 Kudos
Sizzlingsum_13
Retired
Retired
1,409 1,409 74 136
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@4thGradeTeach

Thank you for the update.

I request you to go through the following document and check if everything is taken care: Click here 

(The document refer to print in the black ink only, please uncheck the black ink only option)

Keep me posted.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
am3290
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem and this link is not working either. 

Any other suggestion?  

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@am3290,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in color from your HP ENVY 5661 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the grayscale printing option is enabled on the drivers.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Note: Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

5. Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then de-select Print in Grayscale or High-Quality Grayscale.

6. Click OK to complete the change.

You may also check the link: http://hp.care/2pDhqaU

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation