Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I installed HP Easy Scan. I'd like to change the Resolution from 300 to 200 ppi, but the Preset dialog doesn't provide the option.

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 11.40.26 .png

I have another Mac on which I installed HP Easy Scan a few weeks ago. It presents 75, 100, 200, 300 as options.

I also notice that the symptomatic Mac does not present any options for the Mode value, whereas the asymptomatic Mac presents Black & White, Grayscale, and Color as options.

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 11.40.55 .png

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi matthewlmcclure,

Welcome to the HP support forum.

I understand that you are using HP Easy Scan to scan from an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer to a Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite computer, but you are not seeing the same resolution options when using HP Easy Scan on the Mac it was recently installed on compared to the other Mac you have it installed on. I would like to help with that.

It appears as if the App is not recognizing the printer's software to be able to get all the options. If the printer's software has already been installed on the Mac, I would reset the Mac's printing system and then add the printer back, making sure the printer's software is being selected. If you are unsure how to reset the Mac's printing system here is a support document that can help - OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system.

After resetting the printing system, the printer will need to be added back to the Printers and Scanners window. You will want to make sure that you are selecting the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 series" driver instead of the "Airprint" driver in the "Use" drop down menu on the "Add" printer window. Here is a document that can help with that if needed - OS X Yosemite: Add or remove a printer.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I tried the steps you suggested. I still see the same symptoms.

HP Recommended

Hi matthewlmcclure,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you are selecting the HP Officejet Pro 8600 as the scanner, all options should be available if you have installed the appropriate software and drivers. I if you are not seeing all of the options I would uninstall and reinstall the printers software on that Mac.

If you require assistance uninstalling the printer's software and drivers here is a support document that can help - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Mac).

Here is a link to the HP Easy Start installation software - HP Easy Start.

Please let me know how that works for you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I followed the steps to uninstall and re-install the printer drivers as you suggested. I still see the same symptoms.

HP Recommended

Hi matthewlmcclure,

Thanks for letting me know the results of your efforts.

When you were adding the printer to Printers and Scanners did you select the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 series" driver instead of the "Airprint" driver? If you did, all of the options should be available.

It is odd that the HP Easy Scan App works fine on one Mac but not the other.

It might help to make sure the Mac's software is up to date

I would uninstall the HP Easy Scan App, and the download it again. Maybe there was an issue with the download.

Please keep me informed of your progress.

Thanks.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I selected OfficeJet Pro 8600 instead of AirPrint.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing HP Easy Scan.

I still see the same symptoms.

HP Recommended

Hi matthewlmcclure,

If the software has been installed, the App should be picking up on the options.

If you go to the HP folder in your Applications folder on your Mac there should be an HP Scan application. Try doing a scan using HP Scan to see if you have access to those made and resolution options.

If you require any assistance with scanning this support document can help - How to Scan to a Mac (OS X).

Please let me know if HP Scan has all of the options and if you are able to complete your scan that way.

Thanks.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have HP Easy Scan. I do not have HP Scan. HP Easy Scan does not show the options.

HP Recommended

Hi matthewlmcclure,

Ok I think I got it.

I have been playing with this App a little. When you first open HP East scan, in the Presets drop-down menu it might say General Purpose, you need to make sure that you are selecting Photo, Graphics, etc., or Document with text, or Document with color. Then, once you have one of those selected, go back to the same Presets drop-down menu and select Edit Settings. All the options should be there unless there was an issue with the installation of the printers software or the HP Easy Scan App.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.