cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EdB5
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP EasyScan for M1217nfw MFP on Mac OS X 10.12 - moves the scanner, but creates no file/object

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP
macOS 10.12 Sierra

On Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra, my M1217nfw MFP is connected via USB (it works fine as a wireless printer, but Easy Scan could not find it when it was wireless, but now that I have connected it with a USB cable, Easy Scan does see the device.) . When I click "Scan", I can hear the scanning head moving on the printer, but it does not generate anything under "Scanned Items", nor give me any output object or file whatsoever.  The version of HP Easy Scan is 1.6.0 (94).

Thanks - EdB5

3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,604 32,183 5,529 13,024
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please move HP Easy Scan to trash and empty the trash.

Next install HP Easy Scan below, it will be installed within the Applications folder:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Additionally install the latest firmware below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32626/bi-95171-11/LJM1130_M1210_FW_Upgrade-20150405.dmg

Now try scanning from HP Easy Scan and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
RSC4
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This does not work.  Easy Scan does not see my M1217 nfw MFP.  I have tried every fix on these forums and cannot get the scanner to 1)show up in Easy Scan or 2) work from the printer utility in System Preferences.  Can anyone help with this problem.

EdB5
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you connected via USB or wirelessly?  I never could get it working wirelessly, but I got it working when connected via the USB interface.  And I never could get EasyScan working  - but it works fine now with the native printer utility (from System Preferences).  If you try these two things it should work for you; if it doesn't, post again and I'll get the exact details of my configuration for you.  Cheers!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation