cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Synoptic12
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Envy 4500 'Cuts Off Edges on Color Photos'

HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Upon purchasing the aforesaid printer a week ago, I noticed in printing color photos the edges are cut off slightly (borderless 5 x 7). I have not tried other size photo paper as yet. Set to 'Fit to Page'. However, when I uncheck this box ('Fit to Page') the photo is more noticeable at the edges. Have not tried printing in this manner, due to the cost of ink. May try it to check.

I would like any opinion regarding the above synopsis.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Synoptic12,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that your HP Envy 4500, 'Cuts Off Edges on Color Photos' on Windows 7. And, I am happy to look into this for you! 

Please see this post, Re: Envy 4500 "Unable to Print Photo" By my colleague @HevnLgh. And let me know what happens! 

Hope this helps! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Synoptic12
Author
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please see the following link which I posted to the aforesaid forum:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/Why-Does-Envy-4500-Print-Photos-Differe...

* Please disregard in the information relating to the HP MediaSmart Photo 'smudging' the prints. I'm truly sorry about this negative reply. The photo paper was in the wrong way (Face Up). Actually, the HP MediaSmart Photo captures all the details of the photo (5x7) with a 3/16" margin on "TOP and RIGHT" and "A 1/16" margin on LEFT and BOTTOM" . Parameters set accordingly in HP MediaSmart Photo. This is a very small price to pay when viewing the 5x7 photo in its entirety. I did not realize that the HP MediaSmart Photo worked so well. I never tried that application before but it shall be my go to application, regardless of old software or not.

Thank you very much for your time and response. Please view the above link before I add further comments.

Synoptic12
Author
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

O.K..JPG

0 Kudos
Synoptic12
Author
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To the above photo: Using HP MediaSmart Photo. There are no options to setting 'borderless' rather fit to paper'. I am highly impressed with the HP MediaSmart Photo capturing all details. As to not being capable of printing borderless, it really is a trivial option.

I've quickly perused the thread you provided. However, this seems to pertain to 'not printing or unable to print' which is not applicable in my case. The thread really has no bearing on the situation I presented. Thank you very much for the time you have provided. I did enclose the above photo printed with the HP MediaSmart to show the details and clarity of a good, very good application. My sincere apologies for initially displaying a 'Wrong or Misrepresentd Image of the HP MediaSmart Photo". 

0 Kudos
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Synoptic12,

Thank you for your replies! 

After looking at your examples in your other post, this appears to be an issue with the HP MediaSmart Photo software itself, as other programs do not cut the edges off. (At least that is what it looks like to me.) 

I would recommend to go through this guide, Using HP MediaSmart Software Photo Features. In case their is a setting we are missing in the software. Each program, has it's own features built into it. You may have to continue to use a different program for printing without the edges being cut off. 

Hope this information is helpful! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Synoptic12
Author
Level 3
64 39 0 2
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All parameters have been checked and re-checked in HP MediaSmart Photo. There is not much I miss. However, being somewhat tired, I initially posted the wrong information regarding the HP MediaSmart Photo which I retracted.

As mentioned in my previous post, Paint and Windows Live Photo Gallery are the other two applications I've tried in trying to print borderless. Each application did allow the printing of borderless but the edges were 'cropped or 'cut-off'. In doing so, some of the details were not present. Therefore, I would highly recommend HP MediaSmart Photo as being the best application to work with to allow 'all details to be seen'. Irrespective of a small margin enabled in the 5x7 photo, it is well worth the time to recognize the HP MediaSmart Photo as being a forminable application. Apparently, the application is the issue. Never believed that the printer ( Hp Envy 4500 )  was ever at fault.

* Aside from the triviality, I find the above model to be versatile in all features incorporated. The wireless I have not tried and really am not interested in. The scan, printing of documents and photos work well.  Photo grade is impressive and documents are sharp with slight bleed throught due to inkdrops on paper. The printing of envelopes seems to be a little quirky when printing No. 6 envelopes. If one does not use five envelopes in the tray, addresses on envelopes become slanted: "Down to the right". If carefully placed in the guides, there is no fault. I did not realize that the Envy 4500 was not media supported for the No. 6 envelopes. Whether this would make a difference is unknown to me.  The scan takes about 5 or 6 steps to complete a scan whuich is a little lenghty. The HP Printer Assistant is very useful, which encompasses all aspects of the functions and settings; "Works well".

Rating: Four Stars due to some slight irregularities. Thank you again for the reply.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation