Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Windows 7

I purchased my Envy 4500 in November. Since the end of December I have received error code oxc4eb827f hwlmicci2c twice. The first time it corrected itself. This time it is not.
The power light is blinking on and off, the words "error code oxc4eb827f hwlmicci2c" appear on screen. The ink carriage is locked into place to the extreme right and will not allow me to remove the ink cartridges. The carriage will not move at all.
I've disconnected the power cable for upwards of one hour at a time and when plugged back in it displays the same error message. 

Before the message displayed, the all in one had become completely unresponsive to commands sent from any device. When reset, it began displaying the error message.
Can anyone help with this problem?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi @Kotaotan , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are experiencing 0x error codes.  I would love to help with that!

I would recommend performing a power reset on the printer.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I also would suggest running through the steps laid out in these two documents:

'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error M...

A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays for HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 e-...

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem.

I had it many times, until now pulling the plug helped.

Now the carriage is firmly stuck on the right, no way to push it to the left.

Followed all the instructions, nothing helped!

Can anyboduy please tell me what to do.

To me it looks a total write off!

It is only a few month old.

Bad business for HP, I undertsand many users have the same problem!

Look forward to any suggestions 

HP Recommended

Hi @Enrico01 , thanks for getting in touch.

If these steps didn't work for you, I'd recommend giving us a call.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact us appropriately, based on your region:

Contact HP Worldwide

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry for taking so long to get back on this. I tried the steps you mentioned along with several others I found online. I ended up having to return the printer to the store and getting a new one. They said this is a typical problem with this model of printer and when it stops moving there's not much to be done. It's a known problem with the print head. I have a new printer, same model and it's been working fine. You guys may want to look into some way to fix that print head issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks, that is exactly what I thought.

It is beyond repair. 

I will bring it back the store and replace it with a new one.

Assume you got the new one without additional payments, as part of the guarantee.

HP Recommended

Yeah. They were really cool about it. I got it from a seller on Amazon and they even refunded the return shipping.

HP Recommended

What didnt work: Unplug router, unplug power, remove cartridges, follow that link in the previous post etc..

What worked: Was giving up.  Pressed various symbols like home , back, the wifi symbol (for sure), ?etc.. and suddenly the screen went to the home screen a message indicating the scanning may have a problem..  (which was already "broken" and HP had tried to "reset" the function but they thought the bulb on the scanner was broken etc. etc.!! 2 hours of my time wasted).  I hit OK. It went back to the home screen. I put the cartridges back in, connected the USB.

Then!.. The printer keeled over from the shelf and fell on the floor. I put it back. It is just printed a 15 page document, 2-sided.

True story. Wish i could remember what I pressed. Hope this helps.

Sad story of commodity pricing and HP printers. Wish someone would disrupt this market, make a product that works. I would pay for it! 

HP Recommended

Just jiggle the ink cartridge area as the printer is powering on. Directly worked for me.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. None of the recommended actions worked.

I lifted the printer about an inch off the desk and banged it down.

Fixed the problem. All working fine now. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.