Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I'm going crazy.  I've been looking through forums for hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

When I try to scan or copy, my HP Envy 4500 says "No Computer Found".

Here's the catch:  it prints just fine from my computer and I can scan FROM my computer using the Envy.  But I can't get anything to scan using the functionality on the printer itself.

Can anyone please help with some easy ABC instructions???

HP Recommended

Hey Brandeka,

I understand you are having an issue scanning to your computer from the Envy 4500.

I was wondering if you installed the software for the printer. Follow this link for software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5304...

You could also try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It will help detect issues with the computer and printer. Download and install this as it could help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Let me know Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having problems scanning documents from my HP Envy 4500 All-in_One Series.  It was purchased today and I went through all of the steps of installation for Mac OS X (version 10.6) .  I then attempted to scan a document and have it sent to my computer wirelessly, but it gave me a notice saying "No Computer Found."  I then was directed to make sure my "scan to computer" function was enabled. After selecting "Enable Scan to Computer" I was given an Error to communicate  message asking me to check connection/cable. My computer recognizes the printer and I am able to print to it wirelessly, however I cannot send documents to my computer.  What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hi steve4567,

I suggest that you follow the steps in this document for Resetting your printing system.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

No this did not work.  I just got the same error message

HP Recommended
Is the printer on usb port or wireless? You can only have it one way on a computer.
The next I suggest try scan from the MAC System Preferences, Print & Scan, is the printer listed (driver installed)? If so, can you scan from there?
If that doesn't work, try "Scan to memory card" on the printer, you don't need connect to a computer to do this, just need a memory card (SD card, etc). If that works, then at least you know the scanner is working, just need figure out the connection.
HP Recommended

I actually thought I had appropriately installed the software, too, but it seems I had missed something.  Try the links that the fella offered me previously.  It worked for me 🙂

HP Recommended
Do I have to uninstall and then reinstall the software to get the scanner to work on my HP Envy 4500 all-in -one I cannot seem to get the scanner to work. I am working with a Mac Book Pro.
HP Recommended

Hi - I was wondering if you had any success using the USB cable?  I am having a really difficult time scanning from the printer for the same reasons you outlined (printer not connected to computer etc...)....also asks me to "load the scan software" to my computer.

Thinking of just going USB....

Thanks!

Dave

HP Recommended

I have had this issue since I bought the printer and it's SO frustrating.  I have reinstalled software, reinstalled the printer, reset everything and still cannot scan wirelessly to computer.  I have OS X10.7.  The only way it will scan to computer is via USB.  The error is still 'Communication error"  although it communicates alright to print wirelessly and read configurations and supply levels etc.  .  

Is there a fix for this or not?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.