Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 4500 does not pick up photo paper - it pulls the A4 size photo paper in a bit then makes noises as if it is printing but nothing happens - eventually it just ejects the paper with no printing on it or the paper jams.

It does work with 15cm x 10cm photo paper - just A4 won't work

I have tried different make of photo paper, HP and Kodak - as soon as it is glossy it simply does not pick it up.

I have gone through the alignment steps and have cleaned the pick up rollers etc....

Normal paper works perfectly fine - HELP I urgently need to print some pass port pictures.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @BB1ME, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand your printer does not pick photo paper.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper feed issues. Follow these steps to clean the paper feed rollers.
Step 1: gather materials to clean the rollers
Gather these materials:
Long, lint-free cotton swabs
A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers
Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)
Step 2: clean the paper feed rollers
The paper feed rollers must be clean and function properly to feed paper.
Press the Power button to turn off the printer, if it is not off already.
Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
   WARNING:
You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid the risk of injuries or electric shock.
Open the cartridge access door.
Locate the paper path cover in the area behind the cartridge access area.
To remove the paper path cover, pinch the tabs together, and then lift up.
Lightly dampen the swab with the water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the swab.
Press the swab against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.
Allow the rollers to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
Check the rollers on the underside of the paper path cover. Make sure that the rollers are not missing, that they turn easily, and that they are springy when you press them. If the rollers are damaged, replace the paper path cover with a new one.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot out of paper issues with your printer.

If the issue still persists, please update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update printer firmware.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.