06-08-2014 10:23 AM
I verified that I am the administrator on my account and I still have locked "network printer preferences" on my new envy 4500.
HP phone support is no help, they sent me to Dell. Dell said its an HP problem. HELP!
06-11-2014 09:12 AM - edited 06-17-2014 07:32 AM
I would like to help you gain access to your printer preferences. Do you see an error message that states "network printer preferences is locked"? Could you send a me screenshot of what you see? How to take and post a screenshot on HP Support Forum.
Also, what version of Windows do you have? Which Windows operating system am I running?
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
06-17-2014 08:20 AM
From your description, I believe you might be referring to the network menu on the front panel of the printer. Let's restore the network defaults, and also check for a firmware update.
- On the front panel of the printer, please touch the wireless icon, the first of the 3 icons on the right. Navigate through the menu to Restore Defaults.
- Download and run the following firmware update; HP Envy 4500 series firmware update to improve printer performance. This Firmware update improves an...
- Enabled Scheduled Delivery/Printables
- Improves Connectivity reliability of your device
- Fixes miscellaneous minor defects
- On the front panel of the printer, please touch the wireless icon again and go to Wireless Setup Wizard.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.
07-28-2015 10:01 AM
The "Yellow Locks" are pre-defined settings for the list on the right.
If you happen to change any values on right ( for example, Paper type / size etc ), a "User Specified Print Settings" instance will be created.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
09-17-2015 08:09 AM
So, why wouldn't the lock icons not be present after you change any values on the right? As far as I can tell there is no visual to indicate a preference change choice. Why would you need the lock icons to begin with? In previous printers I've owned by HP, none of the preferences had locks on them and you could select your preference as needed by the print job.
09-02-2016 08:46 AM
HP 7645--need to make permanent changes to printer defaults, but since WIN 10 they are all locked. I tried to follow the advice on a response to a different printer but it didn't work. Your souluton would be greatly appreciated