cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PaulSQ
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 4501 Printer/Scanner prints every other line in an MSWord 2013 document

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4501
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

I have put in a new HP 61 SL cartridge, reloaded the software twice (using original CD and online dowload of 115 MB), done the HP Print Doctor.  Printed old and a new Word document.  Printing is dark and strong, but every other line  (or every 2 lines) is blank, totally blank.

I started out the day with almost nothing being printed, so I'm halfway or 1/3rd of the way to correcting the problem.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PaulSQ
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using a wet coffee filter (as suggested somewhere, maybe in the Forum), I cleaned the electrical contacts on the new HP 61 XL cartridge and the contacts on the carriage, TWICE.  Both times I let the areas cleaned dry for 10 minutes or more.

"The second time was the charm."  I printed out a Word 2013 document twice, both in Best and Draft quality and all lines printed after the SECOND cleaning. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation