Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-13-2017 01:08 PM
Hp Envy 4520 using Windows 10 (64 bit). My photos are not centered when using photo paper 4X6. The are about a quarter inch to the right. I followed the tray instructions when placing the paper.
05-14-2017 02:58 PM
Hello, @elhurtado – Hope you are well!
Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the photo printing issue on your Envy printer. I am happy to look into this issue for you 🙂
Going through your post, it looks like an issue with the printer print settings on your PC causing the issue. While feeding the photo paper to the photo, you need to keep “Glossy” or print side facing down. Also, it is important to change the print settings before you print a photo. Check the settings mentioned below:
- Go to control panel - Devices and printers
- Right-click on your Envy and choose the "Printing preferences" option.
- Now, go to paper quality / layout tab and make sure the paper type is selected as "Photo paper".
- Also, select the correct paper size and save the settings.
Now, follow the steps mentioned to print the photo:
- Open the picture using “Windows Photo Viewer” (You can right-click on the image and go to “Open with” to select the windows photo viewer app)
- Change the paper size appropriately.
- Also, change the paper type to “photo paper” before printing.
You can check detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2enTQLv
Please let me know whether that works for you or you need further assistance. Thank you!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee