cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kayak1055
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy 5665 Does not awake from sleep

HP Recommended

Recently purchase a HP Envy 5665 and often finding myself having to unplug the printer to "awake" it from sleep status. I have an All in One HP Computer with Windows 10 (yuch) and have updated software (I believe).  Considering returning this printer to Sams Club however any suggestions would be helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,528
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Printer Model – done

Operating System of computer (including service pack revision) - done

Detailed Problem Description including all network devices (extenders, switches)-

Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -

Make and model number of router and modem? -

Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? -

Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -

If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on printer, on, off or blinking? –

Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer.  Does it connect to the router now?  What is the printers IP address?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ceejay_2012
Level 5
Level 5
128 127 10 52
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Customer.   Thank you for contacting thru HP forum. I understand that you are seeing unable to wake up issue on your printer and might need to plugout and plugin the power cable to recover the printer. Just a quick check: May i Know whether the WIFI LED or the Power button LED status when the printer is on sleep mode? If its fully turn off, i believe the unit is actually power off.   You can check the settings of your Power management thru your Control panel thru below:   Sleep mode ● Power usage is reduced while in the Sleep mode. ● After initial setup of printer, the printer will enter the Sleep mode after five minutes of inactivity. ● The time to the Sleep mode can be changed from the control panel. To set the Sleep mode time 1. From the Home screen, touch (Setup). 2. Touch Preferences. 3. Scroll through the options, and then touch Sleep Mode. 4. Touch After 5 minutes or After 10 minutes, or After 15 minutes. or Auto-Off Auto-Off is automatically enabled by default when you turn on the printer. When Auto-Off is enabled, the printer will automatically turn off after 2 hours of inactivity to help reduce energy use. Auto-Off turns the printer off completely, so you must use the On button to turn the printer back on. Even when Auto-Off is disabled, the printer enters Sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity to help reduce energy use. You can change the Auto-Off setting from the control panel. To change Auto-Off setting 1. From the Home screen on the printer display, select Preferences. NOTE: If you do not see the Home screen, press the Home button. 2. From the Preferences menu, select Auto-Off. 3. From the Auto-Off menu, select On or Off, and then press OK to confirm the setting. Once you change the setting, the printer maintains the setting Thanks and hope this will help.
I am an HP employee.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation