Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy 7640 E Printer will print nothing

HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640 E
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

After I ran Norton Antivirus update on my PC my Envy print will print nothing. All connectivity

seems to be OK, but nothing prints from my laptop. It seems something has effected the PC's ability to "see" the printer. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I reset the wireless connection, and attempted to print. Did not work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
509 507 27 59
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, does it work if you disable the protection from Norton temporarily? Which version of Norton do you use? Do you have any other security program?

Harry

Norton Support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Harry:

The printer now has connectivity with the PC and it prints correctly. Somehow, the Windows firewall was enabled after running Norton. I disabled the Windows firewall, and rebooted the PC. On the reboot the connection was reestablished and the printer was back on line. Don't know how or why Norton enabled the Windows firewall, but pleased the printer is functioning again. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation