cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kaden1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy 7640

HP Recommended
ENVY 7640
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

When I leave the ENVY printer for awhile, I don't know how long just say overnight, it never wakes up. I have to pull the plug and then put in back in for a restart to get it working. Of course, another computer linked wirelessly does not wake it either if submitting a print job. If the printer is already awake, the wirelessly connected computer is able to communicate and the printer prints. I did upgrade the firmware about a month ago and it worked fine for about a week or so. Now it does the same thing by staying asleep.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,349 90,226 11,598 24,881
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

By default it will automatically shut it off after 2 hours. If you wish to keep it ON days and nights (it will go to sleep but still ON) you can set this from your printer

(a) Touch Setup (scroll to very end - right)

(b) Touch Preferences

(c) Scroll down to Auto-off and touch Off (it is ON by default).

(d) Touch Home.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Kaden1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

I set the Auto Off printer setting to "OFF". After returning later that day, the printer again would not wake up. So, since the Mac had gone to sleep I wondered if there could have been a relationship. Since the printer had successfully connected to our WiFi, it probably didn't need to be connected to the Mac via USB. Pulled that connection. So far, seems to have worked.

:generic:

0 Kudos
Lori5
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I looked at my printer, and it is set to Auto-Off, but my printer still will not stay connected to Windows 10.

It always has to be shut off and back on to print, even during the day.  Also, my scanner never stays

connected.  I have to do the HP Fix everytime to restart it.  Any help, very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Drfe99
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not have the auto off function on my HP 7640, has something changed?

0 Kudos
kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 971
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation