Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Retired ThatGarenGuy
Retired
623 387 32 888
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Imaging and Printing Software and Driver Information for Windows® 7

HP is working to ensure customers have the best experience with HP imaging and printing products connected to PCs running Windows® 7. Software and drivers for these products will be available as part of the Windows® 7 operating system, on Microsoft’s Windows® Update, or as a download from hp.com.

HP and Microsoft have partnered to include solutions in the Windows® 7 operating system for the majority of HP imaging and printing products introduced in recent years. Older products may have limited driver support, limited features, or both.

If your legacy product is not listed, no support is offered for Windows® 7. Newer products available in the market are the preferred choice for most customers adopting Windows® 7. HP Software & Driver downloads will be available closer to the official release of Windows® 7, which is scheduled for October 22, 2009.

Click here for more info.

Message Edited by GarenT on 08-28-2009 12:15 PM
I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4502 4477 303 1044
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great info Garen. I think pinning this thread to the top of the list will be better.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
xshaney Tutor
Tutor
13 9 0 1
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wait a min... I checked the list and I saw "OfficeJet J4500 Series AIO" support windows 7 plus there is a check mark under the "From HP.com Download" and when I checked my printer out which is OfficeJet J4580 to see if there is anything for windows 7, I see none. I don't see no "Windows 7 x64" so why it is still in a check mark under the "From HP.com download". I am confused or do u still mean I still have to wait till around OCT 22? and is that checkmark means it will be available to download on OCT 22?
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4502 4477 303 1044
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It means that the drivers will be available for download on or a fwe days before Oct. 22nd.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
xshaney Tutor
Tutor
13 9 0 1
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much DexterM
0 Kudos
DavidTan Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had HP Laser Jet 5L. But cou;dn't install it in windows7.

Would anyone kindly help me please?

Thx.

david

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
40 40 1 3
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidTan wrote:

I had HP Laser Jet 5L. But cou;dn't install it in windows7.

Would anyone kindly help me please?

Thx.

david

David,

See this thread for help...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=win7Beta&thread.id=148

"When all else fails, read the instructions"
MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience
0 Kudos
jazzerlem Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good day sir. I need help! I have an Hp deskjet F4280 all-in-one printer and I'm running windows 7. Is there a driver available on your website that is compatible with Windows 7?? I can't use it =( ....do I have to wait until october this year for me to be able to use my printer??? please reply....thank you.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
32246 31896 2351 7779
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jazzerlem wrote:

Good day sir. I need help! I have an Hp deskjet F4280 all-in-one printer and I'm running windows 7. Is there a driver available on your website that is compatible with Windows 7?? I can't use it =( ....do I have to wait until october this year for me to be able to use my printer??? please reply....thank you.

Are you using the RTM version?  According to the page Garen linked here, the Deskjet F4200 series printers have support built into Win 7 and also there will be a driver available for download from hp.com.  I would suspect the former are print drivers only and the latter would include the scann functions and be available about October 22.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
jazzerlem Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already checked the website before i sent you a message, and there are no available driver download...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation