cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP J4580 All in One will not send or recieve fax plus when I want to print it shows fax menu

HP Recommended

I went to get coupons printed and when I clicked them to print the send to fax menu came up. I lost the option for the coupons and have tried all I can think of to fix it with no resolve. In addition I tried to receive a fax from a business who used 2 seperate faxes in 2 differnet building with no success. I have an answering machine and it starts after the fourth rings. The fax options are to print after 2 rings, auto answer on, fax speed on fast, fax to pc on but never worked. I have AT&T phone service with the splitter connected to the jack, one cable for pc one for phone which is connected properly. In the back of the printer it is connected to the EXT not Line phone jack. HP support page was useless so need help from someone. I have Windows 7 Ultimate and all HP updates are downloaded and installed. Who ever replies Thank You in advance.

I switched the phone jack to Line per help page Printer staus shows disconected but did all the help page checks and all is good still says disconnected.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 10
3,962 3,880 591 654
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As to the Fax driver coming up whenever you try to print:

* Open the Devices and Printers window

* Right click on the installed J4580

* Mouse over Set as Default to see if the Fax portion of the driver is set as default

* If so, then set to the printing side of the driver

As to the faxing related issue:  The fax works as intended when hooking into the 1-Line port, correct?  It only says that it is disconnected/fails on fax tests?  Is this correct?

If so, then most likely it is the software in the printer that isn't registering the connection properly, but the important part is faxes functioning.

If this is not the case, then from your description it sounds like you have AT&T DSL internet and phone on the same line.  Is this correct?  Do you have a digital filter between the wall outlet and the phone cable going to the printer?

Also, may want to try setting the fax speed to slow (9600) in the fax setup of the printer and turning ECM (error correction mode) off.  Sometimes these settings can cause faxing to stop functioning in areas with poor line signal.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation