cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rahtx
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP J6480 All-in-One Printer - offline in wireless network and can't get it back online

I have an HP J6480 all-in-one printer that is connected to a wireless network.  The printer is indicating offline all the time recently.   It was sporatic before and I could get it online by powering off and then on.  I am having no luck getting it back online in my wireless system.  it will print when coneected directly to my laptop.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
rahtx
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP J6480 All-in-One Printer - offline in wireless network and can't get it back online

I just solved the problem by going to my network device map, uninstalling the printer, and then installing the printer.

0 Kudos
mancy_techno
Level 4
105 104 1 12
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Auto continue provides two settings, off and on (the default).

If the printer is on a network, it should probably be set to ‘On‘.

The on setting causes the message which appears on the printer control panel display, and the printer goes offline for ten seconds, before returning online if an error occurs that prevents printing.

The ‘Off‘ setting causes the messages to remain on the printer control panel display, and the printer to remain offline until ‘Select‘ is pressed, if an error occurs that prevents printing.

Get more information to fix HP Network printer offline error :

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/101-242262

http://printers.iyogi.com/hp/hp-network-printer-offline.html

Hope this information helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation