Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
RPotter31 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP L7680 Not Found on network during installation

I am having installation and operation issues with my HP L7680 all in one printer.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

4GB RAM

HP PC m8020n

Intel 6420 at 2.13 GHz

I have had the HP L7680 printer for just over a year and the FAX function has always worked intermittenly.  I could send a fax and then try to send another and the software does not respond when clicking "Send a FAX" button.  Sometimes rebooting the PC will fix it other times I have to unintall and reinstall the software to get it working again. I have had several contacts with HP for hours at a time with some good results but nothing permanent.  I have used the L1...L4 uninstall procedure several times. 

However, recently I installed an HP update which caused the printer to stop working and I was force to uninstall and reinstall the software again.  During the reinstall the printer IP was not discovered even though it could be pinged and the printer web page is available.  Installing it as a USB printer is the only option at this point and is successful with the HP Solutions Center software working.  When going back to "Add a Device" and try to add a network printer, the printer IP still is not found.  You can install a standard TCP/IP port and use the print functions over the IP connection, but the Scan and FAX functions do not work from the HP Solutions Center software when the printer is connected via a network connection.  When switching back to the USB connection the HP Solutions Center software works. Obviously when the network printer is not found some HP Solutions Center software is not installed. And the FAX function is still intermittent with the USB connection. 

In summary there are actually two problems. 

1) When installing the HP Officejet L7680 installation software the network IP of the printer is not discovered even though the IP can be pinged successfully. 2) When the HP Solutions Center software is working the FAX function stops responding intermittently.  Sometimes a reboot will get it working again other times it may take several reboots or uninstalling and reinstalling the software. 

I am using the current software available at the HP website to do the uninstalls and installations.

1 REPLY
blueseater Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HP L7680 Not Found on network during installation

Same issue, just suddenly ocurrd-now i know it was an HP update. Only difference is I have Vista business and have had printer for 2.5 yrs. Any fix on this?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation