Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

WE HAVE PURCAHSED WINDOWS 8  SYSTEM WE DO NOT FIND DRIVER FOR OUR  HP 3055 ALL IN ONE SCANNER. KINDLY HELP

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

While most LaserJet printers support network scanning, this printer does not support scanning via a network, does not support the Scan to PDF feature, and do not support utilities such as HP Solution Center in Windows  8.

For faxing and scanner with the Laserjet 3055, you will need to use the Windows Fax and Scan solution. Please see this document for more information:

Use the software in Windows 8 to scan

Drivers for this printer are available via windows update (recommend) or In-Os.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP Laserjet 3052, connected via USB.  I have looked at this link, but it's not obvious to me, I'm afraid.

Windows 8.1 does not seem to recognise my Laserjet 3052 as a scanner, either in Windows Fax and Scan, or MS Paint.  

Windows Update also does not seem to offer any drivers for download for the 3052.

What am I missing?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The windows 8.1 driver for the Laserjet 3052 is available via windows update. Please look at this document for additional instructions...

Install the driver included in Windows 8 or Windows Update

You will only have scan functionality via a USB connection. You will need to use the Windows Fax and Scan solution to scan a documetion.

I did checked windows update and found the Laserjet 3052 drivers available in my 8.1 machine. I would suggest that you make sure that you have an internet connect when checking windows update for latest drivers. Check under HP (left side box) - scroll down until you see the Laserjet 3052 drivers (right side). I used Add printer wizard from the devices and printers folder to check and see if the drivers were there - here is the flow I followed:

First, go to your devices and printers folder and click Add printer , once in there,

Click "the printer I want isn't listed"

wasntlisted.JPG

Next, click on Add a local printer or network printer

printeropts.JPG

Then - keep defaults - or choose LPT 1

chooseport.JPG

In the next screen, click windows update ....waiting while it goes out and fetchs the drivers....

Then click HP (left box), scroll down till you find the Laserjet 3052 driver in the right side box.

installdriver.JPG

Finish out the wizard prompts.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have 2 machines:  Windows 8.1 64 bit and Windows 8 32 bit.  The former is the one which will connect to the 3052 by USB.  The driver installs automatically when connected by USB, and shows as follows on the 64 bit machine.  Note nothing is shown under Imaging Devices (whereas on the 32 bit machine it does).  

NB.  I can get the 3052 to print over network and USB.

ddd

OK.  So following your instructions, I get as follows:

Add Printer.jpg

Add Printer.jpg

Selecting this driver, clicking Windows Update and then Installing the Driver as follows:

Install Driver.jpg

Successfully installed...

Successfully added.jpg

Device Manager - not looking promising under Imaging....

Device Manager #2.jpg

Scanner not found in Windows Fax and Scan...

Windows Fax and Scan.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  HP LaserJet 3055 scanner is not recognized by the Control Panel under Imaging, and it is not recognized by Windows Scan & Fax.

I am having this problem with Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

Were you able to get this problem resolved?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
No. Unfortunately not. Just use it as a printer / copier.
HP Recommended

**bleep** POT ISTALA IMRPIMNTA FARA CE?

HP Recommended

1/ Go to Device manager

2/ In System Devices search for "HP PnP Scan Null"

3/ Delete "HP PnP Scan Null"

4/ Scan for Hardware Changes

5/ Then I got a Imaging Devices - > HP LaserJet 3055 Scanner

6/ I've got scan from Windows 8.1 scan programm

I hope this will help you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.