cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dano2000
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LJ P1505N Macintosh Snow 10.6 Network Printing

I work for a TN school system. We have ordered several (12 or more) of these printers. The problem is that I cannot seam to print to these via static IP#.

Is HP aware and working on this issue?

Any information would be helpful.............

Description: 

I statically assign an IP and it will not figure out what kind of printer it is on its own. It goes to a select printer dialog. Proper driver is not in the list after latest driver install. Now I can hook via USB and print and when I run latest downloaded installer it wants to do a firmware check/update with a dialog box that has two drop down box labeled Network and USB. With it showing a printer via USB I click OK. However it closes so fast I am not sure if it did a firmware update or not. After this it seams to work on the network via bonjour but will not work via IP. I really need it to work via IP because bonjour does not work with our wireless network which is a network all its own and bonjour printers do not show up.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
dano2000
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LJ P1505N Macintosh Snow 10.6 Network Printing

does no one from HP monitor or care about what is being said here?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation