Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (3,026 Views)

HP Laptops won't recognize Belkin Wireless-G Router

I have problems with the wireless connectivity of my three laptops. Two are HP and one that works is an Acer. I am having a problem with the two HP's. When I turn them on and try to connect to the network, they do not recognize my new network. I have restarted and rebooted the router, I have set a new security password and wireless network, but the HP's recognize my neighbors secured Linksys, and my other neighbors unsecure network(both with poor signal strength) but doesn't recognize mine. Yet when I connect to my Acer laptop, it recognized the network, I signed in and entered my password and now my Acer is fine, yet both my HP laptops, nothing. Rebooting, restarting, updating drivers, reconfiguring, nothing seems to work. Just a note, the HP's were working fine, till I had to reset, reboot, reconfigure my router. Any idea's???????????
0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 3 (3,022 Views)

Re: HP Laptops won't recognize Belkin Wireless-G Router

Some Belkin 802.11g wireless-routers implemented a "turbo" or "108 Mbps" mode that is not compatible with the 802.11g standard.  Check to see if anything like this is enabled on your Belkin and if so, turn it off.
Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (3,003 Views)

Re: HP Laptops won't recognize Belkin Wireless-G Router

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Belkin F5D7230-4 Router. I don't see anything like that in any of the Belkin Tech pages that I looked at. The problem is, both these Laptops were recognizing the belkin for over a year now. We had a thunderstorm the other day, and all of a sudden the router had to be reset. When I did that without the security, the HP's recognized it, but it would drop the signal. Then I would have to reboot again. I added the security, and it doesn't even recognize the router now. I also found out with my son that his Wii and PS3 also aren't recognizing the router. For the time being, I have contacted Belkin to send me a new one. i will see if thats the problem. Thanks again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation