cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AnnieCTX
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Laser Jet 200 prints wirelessly, scans from printer, but won't scan from Computer

HP Laser Jet 200 MFP
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I can print wirelessly from my computer.   I can scan directly from my printer to paper output.   What I can't do is scan from my computer (ie Word, HP SCAN...) into a document.    I was able to do this a few weeks ago and know of nothing that happned  to cause it to change. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,127 319 689
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Laser Jet 200 prints wirelessly, scans from printer, but won't scan from Computer

Hey @AnnieCTX,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the issue that you're experiencing when trying to scan wirelessly from your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw to your Windows 8.1 computer. There are a few different things that can cause scanning conflicts. There may be a driver, software or connectivity issue occuring between your printer and your computer. Therefore, to start troubleshooting I am going to have you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool. This Tool will help us to isolate this issue and resolve this scan issue. Can I please have you follow the steps below.

Can I please have you click here to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool. This Tool will run on your computer and 'fix scanning' issues for you. Should any driver, software, or connection conflicts be found than the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool will attempt to resolve those conflicts for you. Once the Tool has completed please test scanning through the HP Scan software to confirm if the issue has been resolved.

Should the scan issue persist, can you please clarify exactly what occurs when you try to scan via the HP Scan software (error message, nothing opens, etc)?

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

AnnieCTX
3 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That fixed it.  Thanks so much.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation