Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,984 Views)

HP Laser won't print Black if I am out of color

I would like to print on my computer with just grayscale(no color) but my printer won't let me because I am out of the colored inks.  Is there a way to set the printer up so that it will ignore the colors and only focus on the black ink?

Honor Student
Message 2 of 6 (1,980 Views)

Re: HP Laser won't print Black if I am out of color

[ Edited ]

This is my problem as well.  It really makes no sense when I set it to print from black cartridge only and the printer refuses because a color cartridge is low.

This needs a fix pronto.

I don't work for HP and my words are my own..........
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (1,971 Views)

What printer exactly?  I have a CLJ2600N that in the setup has an option to essentially ignore missing empty toner.. 

On mine it's located:

System Setup ->  Print quality -> replace supplies -> override (enabled)

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (1,970 Views)

I have the Officejet Pro 8500 Premier A909n.  I can't find anything like that in the settings.

I don't work for HP and my words are my own..........
Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,949 Views)

Mine doesn't either. Am I losing it, or was this problem nonexistent at one time? I don't remember ever running into this before. Now I am in the middle of an important print job, and I can't finish because there won't be an office supplies store open in my area for two days. I have plenty of black ink, and the item to be printed is in B&W. But because I don't have a color cartridge with enough ink in it to tell my printer to settle down and behave, I can't even print a B&W document.

I agree - this needs to be fixed.

Tutor
Message 6 of 6 (1,886 Views)

Agreed. I always get a problem with the color one even if there's still plenty of ink in it. I woulk like the printing to go on in B&W just the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation