Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 27 (36,467 Views)

HP LaserJet 1320 Duplex Printing Not working with Windows 7

Hi

I've just bought a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have an HP LaserJet 1320 printer (Prod no. Q5927A, SN CNGW53RLRY).

I cannot find driver that works the same way as the previous driver HP LaserJet PCL5. If I use this driver and can still get duplex printing but it will only print one copy at a time.

If I upgrade to HP Universal Printing PLC (or PLC v5) I can print multiple copies but not duplex printing. I have searched high and low through the HP site but to no avail.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

GB

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 27 (35,928 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1320 Duplex Printing Not working with Windows 7

I have the same problem. Seems the universal drivers for Windows 7 don't support duplexing. Don't know if they will come up with a specific driver for the printer for Windows 7

Honor Student
Message 3 of 27 (35,879 Views)

I have spent many hours trying to find a driver that will support both multiple copies and duplexing on the HP LJ 1320, with MS Windows 7 Home Premium edition.

This functionality is must-have for my work.

What the bean counters who run HP do not understand is that 60% to 70% of business comes from existing customers.

If I am forced to purchase a new laser printer because of this silly driver issue, it will not be an HP branded printer

Honor Student
Message 4 of 27 (35,338 Views)

I discovered that I had to manually tell the driver that my 1320 had the duplexing capability as follows:

Control Panel (classic View) / Printers /

hp LaserJet 1320 PCL 5 /

Right click on Properties /

Device Settings / Installable Options /

Duplex Unit (for 2 sided printing)/

Use the pulldown to change from "Not installed" to "Installed".

Grad Student
Message 5 of 27 (35,064 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've seen this same issue with my printers (other HP printers) whereby the default setting to support the Duplexing hardware was set to 'off'.

A quick method to check this is look at what the setting is for Duplex hardware in the Device Settings tab, and if it's not set, correct it.

Printer Properties:

From the 'Start' orb -> [Devices & Printers] -> right click on your Printer icon -> select 'Printer Properties' -> click on 'Device Settings' tab.

You should see a dialog similar to the mine (attached): look for the 'Duplex unit (for 2-sided printing)' and see if it's set to "Not Installed":

--> in either case, click on 'Not installed' and from the dropdown box, select 'Installed'... Click 'OK' to accept the changes and close the dialog.

Printing Preferences:

again, right click on your Printer icon -> select 'Printing Preferences' -> click on 'Advanced' tab.

-->Check to see if there is a 'Duplex Hardware' or '2-sided printing' option in here: mine doesn't show one but thougth I'd mention it nonetheless.

Click on the 'Finishing' tab and select 'Print on both sides'...or simply test print a multi-page document and set those preferences on-the-fly.

Let me know if this helps...

HardCopyTed

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP) [If this was helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved
Student
Message 6 of 27 (33,908 Views)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS INFO.

I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH. THIS METHOD WORKS FOR ME. AS YOU SAID I'VE DONE AND AT FIRST I CAN'T CHANGE THE PRINT ON BOTH SIDES BUT AFTER RESTARTING THE SYSTEM I GOT IT ALL RIGHT AND I'M PRINTING ON BOTH SIDES (DUPLEX) VERY SMOOTHLY. I WAS GOING TO BUY A WINDOWS XP LAPTOP BECAUSE OF THE INABILITY OF PRINTING ON BOTH SIDES AND BECAUSE PRINTING IS CRITICAL FOR MY DAILY USE. I STILL SENSE THAT LOTS OF PEOPLE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE WINDOWS 7 REALLY. I'VE JUST EXECUTED MANY WINDOWS XP (ONLY) APPS BY USING THE 'TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY' THINGY WHEN YOU RIGHT CLICK.

Smiley Wink

Student
Message 7 of 27 (32,812 Views)

I cannot even get to multiple copies.  What driver and from where?  Win 7 keeps installing whatever driver it finds.

Student
Message 8 of 27 (32,428 Views)

Thank you very much! I followed your post and it worked perfectly! Smiley Happy 

Student
Message 9 of 27 (32,065 Views)

Great fix--THANK YOU!

Student
Message 10 of 27 (30,206 Views)

Thank you so much for this fix.  I now have multiple duplex printing after some months of frustration!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation