Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 15 (74,115 Views)

HP LaserJet 2420 windows 7 install

Hi,

I have been attempting to setup a HP LaserJet 2420 that is connected to a Windows Server 2003 domain controller on a couple new Windows 7 64bit machines.

This printer connects to XP and Vista machines without issue, but it will not install a Windows 7 driver. When I find the printer in the directory (add a network printer) I cannot install a driver through windows updates, as well I download all the available drivers from the HP website (when I navigate to the download folder it says no compatible driver found). I have tried the 32/64bit drivers.

I opened a service ticket with hp, 4683371, on friday but received no reply. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 15 (73,884 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 2420 windows 7 install

Did anyone ever find a fix for this?  I am having the exact same problem.

Student
Message 3 of 15 (73,820 Views)

Have you solved this?  I was able to get it installed with ease on a win7 32 bit machine but the 64 bit no go. 

THis printer isn't even that old I have 7 Hp printers at my office all within 5 years old and NOT 1 supports win7 64 bit, this is rediculous! I can't belive this I will either have to buy new printers or downgrade to 32 bit.  I am very dissapointed HP should make good on these printers and update thier drivers.

Student
Message 4 of 15 (73,633 Views)

Try downloading the Vista X64 driver (NOT the universal driver pack). That seemed to work for me.

Student
Message 5 of 15 (73,143 Views)

You need to download the PLC6 driver (HP Universal Print Driver PCL6 v5.1.1.8283)

install on the Windows 7 machine first, and then link up to it from your XP machine as a network printer. 

It won't work the other way round, as I found out in a chat support conversation lasting more than half an hour with a lady from HP support. She was very helpful.

Honor Student
Message 6 of 15 (72,624 Views)

Re: HP Laser 2420 windows 7 install

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

I have been attempting to setup a HP LaserJet 2420 that is connected to a Windows Server 2003 domain controller on a couple new Windows 7 64bit machines.

This printer connects to XP and Vista machines without issue, but it will not install a Windows 7 driver. When I find the printer in the directory (add a network printer) I cannot install a driver through windows updates, as well I download all the available drivers from the HP website (when I navigate to the download folder it says no compatible driver found). I have tried the 32/64bit drivers.

I opened a service ticket with hp, 4683371, on friday but received no reply. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

Honor Student
Message 7 of 15 (72,623 Views)

Honor Student
Message 8 of 15 (72,622 Views)

Re: HP Laser 2420 windows 7 install

ff

Yorch1818 wrote:

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

johnh11 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

John

Student
Message 9 of 15 (71,780 Views)

Steps are:

-programs

-choose devices and printers

-add local printer

-(LPT1Smiley Tonguerinter port)

-next

-HP -> choose HP Laserjet  p2015 PCL6 ->Next

Student
Message 10 of 15 (65,825 Views)

Hello, I just install de printer in my windows 7 pc. Now, what I have to do to link my pc with the printer? Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation