Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1. HP LaserJet 600 M601     

2. Windows XP 32-bit

3. Tries to print to different trays than envelope feeder when envelope jobs are sent to printer, eventually the envelope feeder shows up on the display and user can choose it to print.  Then prints OK.

4. New printer.

5. HP LaserJet 600 M601 doesn't want to use envelope feeder:
Driver is configured with correct trays and printer with paper types.
User send a print job with paper size as Envelope #10 to printer, printer prompts for envelopes to be loaded in different trays, after Tray 2, and after Tray 1 then asks user to use the Envelope Feeder, instead of the just immediately printing to the envelope Feeder.

Tray configuration:
Envelope Feeder:  Envelope #10, Envelope
Tray 1:  Legal,  Plain
Tray 2:  Letter, Any Type
Tray 3:  Letter, Letterhead

Hp LaserJet 600 M601 M603 PCL 6 driver version 61.114.1.10295
Firmware:  2131305_192069

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Just got off the phone with HP on the very same issue using a 602dn printer.  What ended up fixing my problem was downloading the HP Universal Print Driver ( www.hp.com/go/upd ).  You'll want the PS driver, not the PCL6 one.  When you exctract it, update your driver to the v5.4 driver.  I don't know why that would have fixed it, but it did.  Let me know if it works for you. 

HP Recommended

Hi TenshiKendo; 

I see you register to share your solution 

Thanks for taking the time and sharing with the community.

Best of luck and cheers;

RobertoR  

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, I will need to go through our change request for the driver on the print server, but can test anyway after setting up an IP printer.

HP Recommended

Tenshikendo,

I tried your fix with the PS print driver, but I got the same messages.  My M601 printer will not authomatically print to the envelope feeder.  It always sends it to Tray 1, which is the bypass sheet feeder.  And then I have to push buttons on the printer to move each print job  to the envelope feeder.  This defeats the purpose of a mail merge with an envelope attached to each letter.

Now I'm not sure how to remove the PS printer driver and the original PCL6 drivers from my computer and start over.  Any suggestions?

MJake

HP Recommended

I hope you are doing well and welcome to the forum MJake;

Bear in mind your LaserJet 600 M601 is a commercial product. I will suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a prompt solution.

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Best of luck,

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

having same problem. Called HP support and they also had me install Universal Driver PS 5.4. It worked for 5 minutes and started having same problem again. I dont get it?

HP Recommended
Me too. It's very annoying and defeats the purpose of a. 75 envelope automatic feeder.
HP Recommended

I'm not sure what to tell you on it.  I know at first, we were tempted to take it back until we got it working.  Ours is still working as it's supposed to be.  I do remember going in and changing the settings on the printer itself and making sure that envelope feeder was selected, but I couldn't tell you right now from memory.

If I get a chance, I'll get on the PC and double check the settings, but I don't know when I'll be in that department.

HP Recommended

I tried this recommendation and it still doesn't work after just receiving 3 days ago and spending $2k. I just got off the telephone with HP Support, since neither Chat & eMail don't work with this model. But was told that this is a know issue with the firmware and new release maybe available next month. Is that like the check is in the mail?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.