cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dadcia
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP LaserJet Pro 200 MFP Loud noise + grinding

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 MFP
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

This is my second HP Printer ( exact same one). After using it quite often for over 8 months the printer starts out by printing 2 completely black pages before printing the desired document. This will repeat if the printer sits for more 

than 15 minutes. Also when about to print it makes a rough grinding noise and then continues onto grabbing the paper and does it's job.  Cartridges are full ( brand new). I even went and purchased another one to see if this is the problem.I print about 100 pages a day and get orders at different time of day so I do not have time to wait and 2 two pages before going on with the thing I wanted to print in the first place.

Also, even though the cartridge shows 80% full the pages print faded images. 

I use HP paper for laer printers

Always use original HP cartridges 

HeLp!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dadcia ,

I see that you are having issues with the printer printing 2 black full pages and then it will print properly after that, but makes a grinding noise. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I am assuming you have one of the models with just the black toner. Which one do you have? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

I would run a firmware update on the printer first.

Try printing a hardware self test page after the printer sits for the 15 minutes to see if you have the same results.

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the product and verify that the sealing tape has been removed.
2. Check the memory chip for damage.
3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the roller (imaging drum) on the bottom of the cartridge.

Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print-quality problems.
4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, toner or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner.
5. If the imaging drum does not appear to be damaged, rock the toner cartridge gently several times and reinstall it. Print a few pages to see if the problem has resolved.

If you still have the other printer, switch the toners to see if you still have the same issue.

Please let me know the results.

I can provide you with more steps, once I know which model you have.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tulp
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I followed the instructions of Gemini02, but it didn't solve the issue. The noise is clearly coming from the rear of the printer, not from the cartidge case.

It sounds like some turning parts need to be greased with maybe silicon spray, but Í'm hasitating doing so.

Has anyone experience with SOLVING this problem?

Have a nice day and thanks for a proper answer!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation