Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DebCandada Tutor
Tutor
8 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451dw - error # 49

We have the above mentioned printer. It has been working fine for a long while now. It is setup with the ethernet cable.

At this time though, when the main user of the printer turns it on to use it, it first comes up and says "Ready", then pops up with the IP address, then shows "49 Error" "Turn off and on". This doesn't seem to do anything.

I had found a post that suggested making sure that the printer wasn't showing in the DHCP, and I don't see it there.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. This is a printer that is used a lot by the main user.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3562 281 552
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Error 49 usually signifies a firmware error (which could be due to a formatter problem), but it can, in some cases, be invoked by some system sending a 'rogue' job (not necessarily a conventional print job) to the device.

See thread http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Multifunction-and-All-in-One/LJ-Pro300-color-MFP-M375nw-Power-cycling-d...

DebCandada Tutor
Tutor
8 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the link. This worked.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation