cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Need_Assistance
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn won't scan to email

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn
Other

I have a LaserJet Pro  MFP M521dn, in the past this unit was able to scan to email. But lately it gives an error of 

Cannot connect to the SMTP server. Try a different port. e.g. 25, 587, 465. 

I have did a factory reset, and then reinstalled the firmware that HP has on their website. I still get the same error. I have also setup the printer with a new IP address and tried a new port and switch. We are using the same smtp address and port # 25 on our other all in one units and these all in ones are working normal. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
bluI_1528
Level 4
Level 4
76 76 7 16
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi -

We have a document on this that may assist you in resolving your issue.

Solution:

Change the scan and SMTP settings in the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS)

I am an HP employee supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others. Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of HP.
0 Kudos
jag_6913
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has there been a resolution to this?  I have the exact problem with a brand new HPLJ 570DN.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation