Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dumbhpbuyer Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 1012 won't print - need help resolving error message

HPLaserjet1012 won't print. Get an error message that says The file 'SDHP1010.DL_ on hp Laserjet 1010 Series Installation CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK.

I typed in x:\HW like it says to do on the support page and then I click OK - I then get another box that pops up that says "Copying Files". Although I can see that nothing is copying. If I click "Browse" instead of OK, I get a box that pops up that says "locate file" and when I type in the E drive it says the path does not exist. Please verify the correct path was given. Can anyone tell me how to get my printer to work?

2 REPLIES
Gmeans004 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When are you (HP) going to create the proper installation software and drivers for your LaserJet printer 1012 to work with Windows 7?   Is this a scam to get everyone to buy new printers? 

0 Kudos
joeconte Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't use add printer wizard. USb printer install automatically. Look in devices and printers, under"Other" and the use troubleshooter to fix the problem. It will instal as an IEEE1284 driver but works perfectly.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation