Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yahoooo....The process you provided worked for me! My HP Laser Jet 1018 is working with my Mac! Thank you!

I just want to include TWO cautions in the process you provided:

Caution 1:

Do NOT power on and connect the HP Laser Jet 1018 printer to your Mac before or while you install the driver software.

If you do so, the HP Laser Jet 1022 driver installated will NOT work :(. 

As the process says power on and connect the HP Laser Jet 1018 printer to your Mac after you install the driver software.

Caution 2:

When you search for 1022 you will see three drivers, select the one with your printer type (I am guessing here! - someone can confirm it)

1022 printer driver with only USB port

1022nw printer driver for network printer (n stands for a network printer wtih a network port, nw stands for a wireless printer)

CP1022 printer driver (CP stands for Color Printer)

HP Recommended

Yes, it works fine, you can use the hp laserjet 1018 with the 1022 drivers v 1.6, instaling the HP printer drivers package, my system is EL CAPITAN. Para los que hablan castellano hay que instalar el paquete de impresoras desde el enlace anteriormente descrito y luego seleccionar el modelo 1022 v 1.6, funciona correctamente.

HP Recommended

@Dalton69 wrote:

Looking for a driver for an HP LaserJet Model #1018 to download for the Apple iMac OS X Version 10.9.4

Cannot print.  Apple could not get a current driver from their web site that works.  They suggested I try the HP website but cannot locate the driver I require to connect my printer to the USB port on the iMac.

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

It helped me several times when I lost the driver after a new OS update on my MacBook to use the driver of a related model such as the laserjet 1019 or 1022

try starting a search at:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-1018-printer/1814092

or:

https://123.hp.com/us/en/

there are various sites e.g. for different languages.  Also try hp support pages.  Don't give up too quickly, good luck,

Alex, Netherlands

HP Recommended

It worked. Thank you so much! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.