Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, maybe someone could sugggest what could be a problem with my HP Laserjet 1536dnf.

Sometimes when I'm trying to copy a page I've got only vertical lines instead of text.

It doesnt happen all the time I'm trying to scan. It happens from time to time while scanning. So I don't understand what could be a problem. Printer prints well from a computer.

You can see example below. scanned lines.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

vdeny,

I am sorry you are having an issue with lines through your copies and scans. I would follow the document below and see if it can help you.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02248095

I hope this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Unfortunetely, it didn't resolve the issue. What could be a problem? Can it be a problem with a scanning part or printing part?

HP Recommended

Hi vdeny,

I understand you've been getting lines through things that go through your automatic document feeder on the Laserjet 1536dnf printer. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but I will do my best to help.

The problem is not with the printing, it is something caused by the scanner. Often updating the firmware of the printer can help with these types of issues, so if you could please click here and then click the blue Next button. Once the page reloads, scroll down to where it says Firmware (1) and click on it. Then you will want to download and run the HP Laserjet Firmware Update Utility.

Hope this helps, and have a great weekend!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I had only one line develop after several years of owining my 1536dnf.

I Cleaned the small strip of glass to the left of the main glass.  This worked for me. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.