Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BT2013 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

This fix worked for my LaserJet 4050 in Windows 8 praise the Lord!!! I am a legal sec. and just got a new computer and this was driving me crazy!! THANK YOU to the person who supplied the fix. I downloaded everything possible and then some to try and fix this glitch!

0 Kudos
RedZCar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

YOur solutuion worked...Thanks!...however, your explanation of "mopier mode" doesn;t make sense.  The PCL5 language includes a command for number of copies. 

Accordiongly, when multiple copies of a page are requested through the printer diaplogue, the print driver does not have to send multiple copies of the document to the printer, the print driver only sends the necessary PCL command for the number of copies.  There is no increase in network traffic when multiple copies of a page are requested for this printer.

Whatever "mopier mode" actually does, the HPLJ 2300 doesn't require any special "mode" to print multiple copies of a page.

My guess is that the new HP Universal Print Driver includes this mode for those printers that do not use PCL or have little memory...probably ink jet printers.  The fact that the Universal Print Driver default configuration enables this mode for all HP printers is likely a programming error on the part of HP...the printer installation procedure should recognize the printer and disable this mode for laserjet printers at the time the driver is installed.

This is my last HP printer BTW.  Moving on.  Never thought I would be saying that, but Carly has screwed up the best laser printer company on the planet Earth and it doesn't look like they will ever recover completely.

0 Kudos
edsmike Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

Thanks my master. You really helped me today:)

0 Kudos
JahanzebTiwana Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

I have HP laserJet 2300 printer and i am unable to install driver as this link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=238802&lang=en&cc=us&...

is not working. Please help to install the driver. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RedZCar Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

Follow rockinjim's instructions, but first remove ALL previously installed HP drivers, then...

If you are running XP, install the drivers supplied on the CD that came with the printer, they do not need to be updated. 

If you are running Win 7, just let the OS install the HP Univeral Print Driver which it will do automatically after removing existing print drivers, then follow rockinjims instructions to the letter.

0 Kudos
HarryVanHeps Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

Solution worked for me...thank you for posting!

0 Kudos
xgjz Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

Can't get HP 2300 printer to print multiple copies of the same document - using Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
warez721 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet 2300

worked great thanks.  I love this printer.  Only complaint is the time it takes to print first page.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation