bhubby Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Laserjet 2605dn has no duplex printing ability in Windows 8.1

I recently installed Windows 8.1 operating system on my Dell computer.   I had an HP representative install the drivers and the printer won't print in duplex.   I have had Microsoft try to resolve the issue with no resolution.   Another HP representative could not resolve this either.  Does anyone have a way to fix this?  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
69169 8431 18089
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi,

Please use the following link to find out:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03168175

It will guide you how to install new driver (if supported).

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
rwernst Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Thanks, got the current PS driver for this printer, and printers webserver has duplexing turned on (not sure what the "manual" option on/off means but it's off).

Load up the printer in W8.0, NO option in preferences or device settings for enabling/telling the system that the printer has the duplexer installed.

Word doesn't show any option to duplex.

And just printing, with printer web server saying duplexing is turned on, just gets single sided printing.

Ugh.

0 Kudos
rwernst Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

SOLVED!  Works for Windows 7 and 8.x

Do NOT use the driver from windows update (W7, 8, or 8.1).

Get the HP Universal print driver from:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=4157320&spf_p...

Select your os, W7, 8, etc. 32 or 64 bit and download.

I got the postscript PS file.

Run it to extract file, it'll also start the installer.

Two drivers will come up, I selected the second one, with v 5.8.0 or something added.

Set device settings in properties to duplexer installed.

Then go to printing preferences and in advanced tab, Finishing, put checkbox in "Print on both sides".

Now you'll have the option in programs (like my old Word 2003) to duplex print and it'll work.

Weird that the Windows update supplied driver doesn't do this.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation