Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M1319f MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 Pro on my new Lenovo B4030 all in one desktop. I connected HP Laserjet M1319f MFP and printing drivers were installed automatically. I can print documents. The problem is, that HP EWS, HP Fax and HP Scan drivers could not be installed. I try to download the software from: 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-M1300-Multifunction-Printer-series/3547126/model/354...

But I couldn't installed it on computer. Whenever I try to install software,  it freeze on 30-50%.  

I can use printer, but I can't scan or fax the documents. 

Thank you for your answer. 

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @Matic84,

I see by your post that you can print with the preinstalled Windows driver, but when trying to install the Host Based/Plug and Play driver it freezes at 30-50%. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Did you upgrade to Windows 10?

When is the installation getting stuck? (when it is searching for the printer, before searching for the printer)

I have provided some steps for removing the printer and any old registry files. Then we can try a fresh install.

Leave the USB cable connected, delete the printer from the Device Manager.

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for yellow exclamation mark, USB Printing Support or anything with a unknown device. Right click and uninstall the device. Disconnect the USB cable. How do I get into Windows Device Manager? 

Back up the registry first, before attempting any of these steps Back up the registry.

For non-HP computers:

Press the Windows key and R, the run box will open.

Type in regedit and press OK.

Click the + signs beside the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and remove the HP/Hewlett-Packard folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and remove the HP/Hewlett-Packard folders.

For HP computers:

Press the Windows key and R, the run box will open.

Type in regedit and press OK.

Go to the Edit tab, then click on Find.

In the search box, type "laserJet P1005 "  and click Find Next.

Only certain ones will be relating to the printer, and they will have some indication in the description. When it finds one of the entries, and you have confirmed it is related to the printer, within a reasonable doubt, you can delete it by hitting Delete on the keyboard.

Once one entry is deleted, hit F3 on the keyboard, which stands for Find Next.

Repeat the process until all "laserJet P1005 " printer entries are deleted.

Restart the computer.

Perform a clean boot on the computer and turn off the Antivirus Software. How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi @Gemini02,

I performed every step you said...but it didn't work.  So I have a fresh copy of Windows 10 on this computer (I didn't upgrade it on Win10). Same printer worked normally on other laptop, which was upgraded on win10 from win8. 

When I connect the USB to PC, windows 10 automatically install printer drivers, but can not install HP Scan, HP Fax  and HP EWS drivers. When I press troubleshoot button, windows 10 search for drivers update, but can not solve the problems.

Then I downloaded the software from HP website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-M1300-Multifunction-Printer-series/3547126/model/354... and I tried to install it, but after unpacking and short after installation starts it freezes and doesn't go on anymore. 

Thank you!

Matic

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

I performed every step you said...but it didn't work.  So I have a fresh copy of Windows 10 on this computer (I didn't upgrade it on Win10). Same printer worked normally on other laptop, which was upgraded on win10 from win8. 

When I connect the USB to PC, windows 10 automatically install printer drivers, but can not install HP Scan, HP Fax  and HP EWS drivers. When I press troubleshoot button, windows 10 search for drivers update, but can not solve the problems.

Then I downloaded the software from HP website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-M1300-Multifunction-Printer-series/3547126/model/354... and I tried to install it, but after unpacking and short after installation starts it freezes and doesn't go on anymore. 

Thank you!

Matic

HP Recommended

Hi @Matic84,

The Windows preinstalled driver may be interfering.

Please try these steps below:

Remove the driver from Devices and Printers and Print Server Properties.
From Devices and Printers, click once on your printer icon, then select Print Server Properties.
At the top of the screen, click on the Drivers tab. Select your printer and click on remove.
Then delete the icon for the printer in Devices and Printers.

Leave the USB cable connected, delete the printer from the Device Manager.
Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for USB Printing Support  and Mass Storage Device or anything with a yellow exclamation mark or unknown device. Right click and uninstall the device. Disconnect the USB cable.

Unlock Hidden Administrator Account and install the printer on this account:

Note: Don't connect the USB cable in until prompted during the install.
Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
If your computer automatically logs into your account after restart than go to your start menu click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
Test the printer.
To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

Test the printer.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day! Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for all your help, but this didn't work also. I tried everything. Same thing happened. When the software installation starts, it freezes after 3 bars on: adding printer drivers.

Is it possible get drivers from some website, without installing the software?

Thank you for your help,

Matic

HP Recommended

Hi @Matic84,

The downloaded drivers from HP, are just Host Based drivers for basic printing and scanning. There is no additional software included, for the HP Scan or Fax Software.

I would suggest to use the updated Windows driver if you were able to print and scan.

The only other thing that you could try, is to install the printer in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

I would suggest to install the printer in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

Download the latest printer driver.

Extract the files. (they usually extract to the temp folder)

Type in the search box %temp%.

WINDOWS 10 SEARCH.png

Open the 7z....folder, right click on the setup file (HPSetup or Setup.exe, it may be worded differently) of the driver and select Properties.
Select Compatibility Tab.
Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select Windows 8 from the drop down list.
Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day! Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I tried Windows 8 in compatibility mode did not happen again. Is it compatible software will be developed for Windows 10. only used as a printer. I use the scanner. I used to work there is urgency. please help.

HP Recommended

Hi @krmn,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you would like to know if another driver will be available for Windows 10. I would like to help you.

The HP LaserJet Host based Print/Scan Plug and Play Drivers should allow printing and scanning capabilities. You would have to check the website, to see if any new updates come available. With this printer being a older model, most likely not.

If you still have the CD, try installing the original drivers.

Check the Device Manager, to see if the imaging device for the scanning driver was installed. How do I get into Windows Device Manager? Click on View across the top and select show hidden devices. Open imaging devices, it should list your printer's name. Let me know if it was listed.

You can download the HP Scan and Capture App and try scanning with it, if the scan driver was installed.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I tried all of them, unfortunately, it did not happen. eat only way to pass win7 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.