Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey Kizak,  My solution was very similar to yours.  Replace the p1102w with a Canon wireless printer.  Worked like a charm too!

HP Recommended

I have gone through all this.  The printer is only a few feet from the router.  And it was working fine until the firmware upgrade was installed.

Can I download the old firmware somewhere?

HP Recommended

My printer works ok but computer say off line and I cannot print from computer to printer

HP Recommended

Kizak and Chriso21nz... You guys are right. I am very comfortable with networking and understand the stuff. I tried everything suggested in this forum and HP tech help. Nothing gave me permanent solution. It seems HP is not interested in researching for right solution. On this forum, their so called 'Experts' could not even unerstand the problem. There are only two solutions: 1. Forget Wi-Fi and use USB connection. 2. Throw this printer in dusbin and get another from different vendor.

HP Recommended
Hey, this advice really worked with my case. I am not sure why, but my 1102 suddenly stopped talking this morning. Now it works!! Thanks!!
HP Recommended

🙂

HP Recommended

Hello PCWizard,

first of all thanks for the info, i was able to succesfully connect an HP laserjet p1102w to our wireless network... the problem now is that..

We have about 8 of these laserjets 1102w in our school and after I hooked up the first printer to wireless printing.. I went on to the try to connect the other 7 printers to the wireless, and I noticed that when I connected a new printer to the wireless network, the previous one was kicked off or booted from wireless printing.. the same with the next one I connected, and so on and so forth. 

My question is, how can I connect all 8 printers to the wireless network for wireless printing withouth it affecting the previous ones ?

HP Recommended

Seriously Rob1g1.  If you've bought 8 of these printers and are trying to set them up wirelessly, cut your losses now.  Take them straight back to where you bought them, get a refund and buy another model -any other model, from any other manufacturer, or  a newer HP wireless printer.  You will never get them to work properly.

HP Recommended

Well technically I did not buy them, when I landed the job they were already here, so now im going around fixing all the nooks and crannies and that being one of them.. sooooo what's wrong with the laserjet p1102 ?

HP Recommended

The wireless communication is the only thing wrong with these printers.  If you only use them via the USB connection they mostly work fine and do install quickly.  Myself and HP tech support have spent in the order of about 15 hours across several printers and  Win OS's trying to replicate the problem.  This discussion fairly well documents the issue.  The actual root cause of the problem hasn't yet been identified by me, but it's been a while since I tried to figure it out.  Not sure if there are definitive answers now.

Firmware updates, several different installation methods, replacement printers all haven't helped in trying to get a stable install.  It's almost as if Win7 tries to take over the driver installation and then just clashes with the HP software.  Somehow the unit just goes to sleep or switches off the wireless never to work again without a reinstall.  Even now, on a USB connection the printer won't wake up on receiving it's first print command each day.

Hey,  a great little USB printer - it's economical and reasonably quick.  But never consider it a reliable wireless printer. 

I just bought a new cheap HP Photosmart 6570 (off topic, I know) all in one deskjet with eprint, and this one works like a dream.  I can print from literally anywhere from any device over the net. Once set up it stays set up.   I was never going to buy another HP printer - but money always talks (or more of it left in my pocket, that is).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.