cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 1 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet PRO MFP125nw doesn't print Microsoft Word documents from PC

HP Laserjet PRO MFP125nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello.

I've recently bought a brand new HP Laserjet PRO MFP125nw printer. The functions seemed really nice and the price was acceptable. I've brought it to my home, installed it following the manual, connected it to Wi-Fi etc. It generally works fairly well. PDF files are printed perfectly well, the scaning function works and it's generally a nice piece of technology.

The only problem is that it just doesn't want to pring Microsoft Word documents from my PC. It prints it perfectly when I try to print .docx from my smartphone using the app, but it doesn't respond when I try doing it from the PC.

My Office version is 2007 Enterprise. Do you have any idea what I should do?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 125
Message 2 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AllShamNoWow!

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums! 

I should be able to provide some suggestions that may help resolve the issue with documents not printing from Microsoft Word.

The first thing I recommend is to uninstall the HP software. After the uninstall is complete it would be a good idea to perform a disk cleanup in the computer. A disk cleanup will improve computer performance and clear temporary files that may cause issues during the install of software. Once the disk cleanup is complete you should restart the computer and re-install the HP software.

To uninstall HP software click here: Uninstalling HP Software

To perform a disk cleanup click here: Disk cleanup in Windows 7

To download the HP software click here: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125/126 Series Full Software and Drivers

Please post back and let me know if this worked for you!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 3 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello!

Thanks for the answer, Cbert. I've tried everything you said, reinstalled the driver several times, but it still doesn't work. It's like he doesn't understand the code I'm sending him. My other printer (Samsung) works fine thogh. Also, it only prints Images in .pdf, not text in .pdf, which is super strange.

Please help me, i'm getting desperate.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 125
Message 4 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AllShamNoWow!

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the issue!

I suggest plugging the printer into the wall outlet directly if it is currently in a power surge protector or extension cord. This may sound silly but this will ensure the printer is getting full power and may eliminate any unnecessary troubleshooting. If the printer is no longer getting full power from the power surge or extension cord it may give false errors, have poor connection,paper feed issues and quality issues.

I would also recommend plugging the printer into the computer with a USB cable if it is currently wireless.  Test printing from Microsoft Word to the USB connected printer and see if you get the same results.

If you have the installation CD and product key I suggest uninstalling and re-installing Microsoft Word.  If you are unsure on how to do that or if you are not able to then I would suggest contacting Microsoft.

Let me know if that worked out for you! 

Thanks again for posting on the HP Forums and enjoy your day!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 5 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you a lot for a quick reply, Cbert. It's fantastic to see HP actually reading their forums and trying to help!

I'll try plugging it into the wall and directly to the PC with a USB, we'll see if it works out.

About Word, i've already tried reinstalling Word, even installed a 2003 version to check if it works with that. Well it doesn't. And as i've written before, I tried turning some .docx files to .pdf using a converter, but it still doesn't print them.

Anyway, i'll try the first two points and keep you updated, thanks!

AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 6 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again!

I finally decided to deal with my printer and did everything Cbert told me to try. Tried plugging it into another power source, connecting my printer by a USB cable.  The quality of printing .pdf and image files remained the same - it works perfectly , while Microsoft Word files still aren't getting printed. I installed Office 2013 and it doesn't work with it either.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 125
Message 7 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AllShamNoWow

Thank you for getting back to me!

I can see that the printer is still not printing Microsoft Word documents.  I recommend trying a Firmware update on the printer.  The Firmware is like the operating system in the printer.  It is possible the Firmware could be the source of the issue.  I was able to locate a Firmware update for your printer on the HP website!  When installing the Firmware update it is recommended to have the printer plugged into the computer with the USB cable.

To download the Firmware update follow the link below, scroll down and click on Firmware(1). Click download and run the update! 🙂

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125nw Firmware Update

Let me know if that gets documents printing from Word 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 8 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again, Cbert.

I feel like I'm becoming annoying, and I'm sorry if that's the case, but the printer still won't work. I updated the firmware successfully, but the results are the same. It still prints everything except word files. My computer definitely sees the printer as connected and I'm pretty sure that I configured it correctly. I'm seriously getting tired of this. Do you have any other ideas? Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 9 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By the way, not sure if this will help, but I also have my good ol' Samsung printer that i've been using for a while now, and it prints everything perfectly fine, both on my old Word 2007 and my freshly installed Word 2013. So I guess it's not a problem with my Word or Windows settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AllShamNoWow
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 10 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Aaand I just tried printing .doc files from HP ePrint off my mobile phone and it printed the file perfectly well. So I guess the problems are on my computer. I've installed the newest version of the drivers, updated firmware on a clean Windows 7 x86 OS (like I reinstalled it after formatting my PC just yesterday). Do you have any other solutions?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation