cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 11 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet PRO MFP125nw doesn't print Microsoft Word documents from PC

Also I tried going to the Printing queue screen and it's completely empty. Once I press "Print" in Word, the file appears in that window for a fraction of a second and then disappears. It's like my PC is canceling it out. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 12 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AllShamNoWow

Another thing to try is changing the driver that the printer is using.  Instead of using the 125nw driver I suggest trying the M127fw driver.  To download the driver follow this link: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127 Series PCLm Print Driver, click on Basic Drivers (2)  and download HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127/128 Series PCLm Driver Only (no Installer).  Once the driver is downloaded and installed click the Start icon and go to devices and printer.  Right click on the printer icon in devices and printers and go into printer properties.  Click the Advanced tab at the top of the window and then click New Driver.  Click Next and select HP on the left and HP LaserJet Pro M127fw on the right.  Click next again, change the name to your printers name and finish.  Once you are done try printing from Word! 

Let me know if that gets things printing from Word. 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 13 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There was no actual instalation proccess, it just asked if I want to extract it somewhere I pressed okay and it finished up and disappeared. I did as you told me, but when I choose HP it doesn't show the Laserjet Pro MFP M127/128, OR my version (125/126). The 125/126 version is only shown when I choose "Hewlett Packard" on the left (and my drivers are the only ones there) and not "HP". I'll try installing all three of those drivers (127/128), see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 14 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, obviously I couldn't install the full drivers, since I don't have the printer.  I have pressed "Windows Update" in the "New Driver" window and it added a whole lot of new printers. As well as the 127/128. I have pressed it > Next > and it finished updating. It didn't ask me to change the name of the printer, it just went into the "Finish" screen and that's it. Now, my printer's name changed to HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127-M128 PCLmS and it still doesn't print Word (still prints .pdf though).

So yeah... Didn't work out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 15 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AllShamNoWow!

I can see you are still experiencing the issue when trying to print from Microsoft Word.  I know you have installed another version of Microsoft Word with the same results.  I suggest uninstalling both Word programs from the computer.  Run a Disk Cleanup again, restart the computer and reinstall Microsoft Word.  Once Microsoft Word is reinstalled give printing a try. 

Let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 16 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Cbert

Unfortunately doing a Disc Cleanup didn't help either. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 17 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Did you find any solution for this conflict?

unfortunately I have the same problem

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 18 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Unfortunately, I didn't find a definitive guide to fix this issue and it still persist, sometimes worse than ever.

To be honest though, just a few weeks ago, I actually cracked it. The printer worked PERFECTLY, but I had to unplug my router and modem, after which the issue reseted and the printer doesn't work again. I've not a clue in the world what to do. I'll try waiting 8 days until Windows 10 comes out, try installing it and see if it works better with Win 10. Otherwise my goose is cooked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 19 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey again @AllShamNoWow!

Have you tried plugging the printer into the computer with the USB cable to see if it will print that way?  This would be a good way to see if the issue is software related or a wireless issue.  The reason I suggest this is because if the issue is a wireless related then the update to Windows 10 will likely not resolve the issue.

Let me know. 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 20 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whaddup Cbert. I thought you already gave up on me some time ago 😄

Anyway, I have tried everything. LIke literally everything. It doesn't print from USB too.

The short term fix was something really really simple. It's like I just reinstalled the drivers and everything seemed to work willy nilly.  But it was an instalation over instalation over instalation (almost 3rd copy of the same driver or whatever). I just don't remember what did I do differently, but I was trying to install the drivers on my second computer at the same time and the printer worked flawlessly on both PCs. Now it doesn't work on either, the drivers fail to install when they get to 99% through USB, I can't connect through wifi, and even once I somehow manage to install the drivers, the printer doesn't print ANYTHING from  PC, not even stuff it managed to print before.

To be quite honest, I'm on the verge of giving up.

Hope that info up there helps.

P.S. Could you actually explain how to connect the printer to a my wifi network? Does it happen once I install the drivers or what?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation