cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 21 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet PRO MFP125nw doesn't print Microsoft Word documents from PC

Hey Hey @AllShamNoWow!

Nope, I didn't forget about you! I have an idea that may get your printer back up and running again! You may have tried everything but have you tried this! 😄 OK so you may be able to use the universal print driver.  There are two different ones you can try.  There is the PCL6 and the Post Script driver.  I recommend you download and try the PCL6 driver first.  If that one doesn't work you can try the Post Script.

For the drivers follow this link: Universal Print Driver, select your operating system version, scroll down and click "Download" next to "HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6".  If that one doesnt work try downloading the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PostScript.

Let me know if that gets the ball rolling! :robotlol:

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 22 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Cbert

Hooo, boy. That's some cheeky IT stuff. Anyway, I'll try it once I return home in 5 days.

Thanks for helping though!

Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 23 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Cbert.

I'm afraid the link for downloading the drivers is down. I'll try refreshing the page several times today, but if the maintenance takes too long, maybe you can hook me up with a direct link? I have Win 7 x86. Thanks. 

Edit: Nevermind, it's up again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 24 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Cbert,

Well I installed it somehow I guess. There were soooo many options during installation that I did not understand. Could you help me with a step-by-step installation guide?

Because the way I installed it, I got "HP Universal Printing PCL6" printer in my printers tab now. But it doesn't print either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 25 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AllShamNoWow!

Thanks for posting back!

I was able to locate A document for installing the PCL Driver and connecting the printer.  I have provided the steps bellow.  You can probobly start at number 7 of step one.

Step one: Download and run the driver setup

This section provides information on how to download the Universal Print Driver (UPD) and run the driver setup from www.hp.com/go/upd. The Universal Print Driver (UPD) is also available for download from Support & Drivers.

NOTE: The following screen shots are intended as a guide. There may be slight variances between products. Follow the on-screen prompts during the installation process to complete the driver installation for your product.
  1. Disconnect the USB cable from both the product and the computer (if you already connected it).

NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable until prompted to do so during the software install process.
  2. Open a new browser window and go to www.hp.com/go/upd .

3. Under the green header Free Download section, click Download Software.

4. Select your language from the drop-down list and then select your operating system (Windows 7).

5. Under the Driver - Universal Print Driver section, locate the driver option you want to download, click Download, and then click Run and wait while the files download to your computer.

NOTE: The HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 is recommended for most printing options.
  6. Click Unzip or Next, and then wait while the installer extracts the files.

NOTE: Make sure the When done unzipping open: autorun.exe check box is selected and do not change the default location to which the installer saves the files.

Figure 2: WinZIP Self-Extractor

NOTE: If you receive a notification that the files unzipped successfully, click OK.
  7. The HP Universal Printing Installer launches.

Click Yes to accept the terms of the license agreement.

UPD Installer window, End User License Agreement
    NOTE: You may need to select I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next.
  8. Select Dynamic mode, click Install, and then wait while the driver files are extracted to the Driver store.

UPD Installer, select installation mode either Traditional or Dynamic
    NOTE: If Windows detects another driver version for the printer, select Replace the current driver if you are installing a new printer and want this to be your default, or select Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) if you are installing an optional driver for an existing product.
  9. If prompted, click Finish to close the window.

NOTE: You might need to restart the computer to complete the installation.

Step two: Install the driver on a new printer using a direct connection (USB)

After downloading the UPD, follow these steps to install the driver files using a USB cable.

NOTE: If you receive a Windows security alert(s), allow the installation to continue.
  1. Turn on the product and then wait until the printer is in a Ready state.

2. Connect the USB cable to the product and to the computer and then wait while Windows automatically detects the product, locates, and installs the driver files.

NOTE: A notification in the lower right corner of your screen will indicate the progress of the installation.
  3. When the Devices and Printers window automatically opens, make sure that the printer is set as the default (indicated by a green check mark).

NOTE: If it is not selected as the default, right-click the printer, click Set as default printer, and select the HP printer.
  4. Print a test page.

Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 26 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Cbert,

Well, I did everything the way you told me to do it, and now instead of a "Universal Driver PCL6" Printer, an exact copy of my printer appeared (With "Copy 1") at the end of the name. And guess what. Still doesn't print word documents, but prints notepad. Shrug. Any other ideas?

Edit: Slight update, when the printing window comes up I can also see the "HP Universal Printing" option, but it required my printer's IP address to print, but I'm afraid I don't know it either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 27 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AllShamNoWow!

Thank you for getting back to me!

I am happy to hear there is some printing from notepad.  I think it would be a good idea to try uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Word.  Are you able to print from anything else other then notepad like the internet?

Let me know how it goes! 😄

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 28 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again, Cbert.

So I just installed WIndows 10 x64 and I'd like to confirm that the problem persists.

Look, your last post was a bit meaningless, since everything is exactly the same as in my original post. I can print images from internet and computer,  but I can't print Word documents or .pdf files. Once again, notepad prints just fine.

Also, as I've said before, Everything worked perfectly after I did something. It printed everything. And I did something super simple, like installed drivers through some other option during installation or... well something. I definitely wasn't tinkering with the inner matrix of the printer's digital soul drive or whatever, haha. Perhaps we should take a step back.

Sooo, ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 126
Message 29 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey again @AllShamNoWow!

Thanks for getting back to me.  Sorry to hear that pdf. and Word documents are still not printing.  Maybe you should try removing the printer from the Devices and Printers window.  Once the printer is removed try clicking add printer at the top of the window.  You should be able to select your printer and follow the steps to add it.  You should be able to open Devices and Printers by typing it in the little Start menu search bar.

Have you tried re-installing Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader to see if that will get them printing.  You have done all the troubleshooting I can think of and locate at this.  I will do some more research to see if I can find anything else 😄  in the meantime let me know if the above suggestions helps.  Thanks!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
19 18 0 3
Message 30 of 37
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Holy friggin crap

I actually figured it out.

Well, I gave up on HP support. Clearly, this was too difficult for you guys. No problem, tho.

Anyway, I asked an actual IT pro to help me out and after three hours finally figured it out.

The problem was that our Temp folder was blocking print files from appearing in the printing queue. Basically, after going headfirst into the Temp folder properties we were able to enable all files and now it prints like a charm.

Cool printer by the way.

Anyway, this is all figured out.

Thanks for sticking with me for so long, Cbert 😄

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation