Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet Pro 200 M276N and it is showing the rear door is open.  Of course I checked the door and it is closed.  After opening and closing the rear door on this printer about 100 times I am coming to you guys for support.  I am assuming it is the door sensor but I don't know where this is or how to fix it.  PLEASE HELP!!!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi Tuscanichick,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you are getting a message that the "rear door is open" on the printer.

I will be happy to help you.

When you flip the back door down, you will see two plastic pieces near the top.

Check to make sure they aren't broken off.

When you close the door I believe the tab on the left side goes into the hole and touches the door sensor to indicate the door is closed.

If you hold the door shut with some pressure, can you still print?

Was the tab broken off?

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I checked the tabs on the rear cover and none of them are broken.   If I put pressure on the top side of the door it still won't print.  Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi Tuscanichick,

I would do a power reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

With the printer still turned on, disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer.

Then disconnect the power cable from the wall outlet.

Wait 10 seconds and reconnect the power cable back to the wall outlet first, then the back of the printer and power it on again.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

You could update the printer's firmware to see if that will resolve the issue, since nothing looks broken.

HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw Drivers. Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

Please check your private messages.

In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I am still having issues with this. Please help
HP Recommended

Hi Tuscanichick,

I believe it might be a hardware issue with the printer, causing it not to detect that the door is closed.

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are
available for you at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

This has got to be the WORST printer available.  DO NOT PURCHASE an HP.  The service is horrible.  This is the 3rd printer of this style with the same rear door issue.  I will NEVER purchase an HP again for our business.

HP Recommended

Great.... I was hoping it WAS NOT the worst printer, but I've the same issue - no broken tabs and the same Rear Door Open Error, wont print and JUST over 1 year old.  Thank you very much!  Stinks!

HP Recommended

I encountered the same error code only my back door would not stay completly closed due to a bent frame on the bottom as if it were dropped from shipping, just inside the back door, noticably lifted,which forced the exterior skin to place a bind on the door  as it closed.

It initially took a bit of looking to diagnose  but was very noticable once discovered and you are looking for it.

This was a brand new device, just out of the box, just after turning it on.....back door prompts with no obvious problems.

HP Recommended

trying to find the rear door sensor for the laserjet Pro M276..  The service manual doesn't show where it is.  Getting a rear door error after a paper jam. Nothing appears to be broken or no paper is stuck.  HELP!!!!

Jeff

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.