cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Katie77
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet not allowing me to scan to iMac

HP Laserjet 100 Colour MFP M17

Hi, please can anyone help as I'm so frustrated and been looking into this all day.  I'm trying to scan from my HP to my Imac and it keeps saying No Document Loaded and the Scan button is greyed out.  I can print fine but scanning is a big issue.  Any help much appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,621
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Katie77,

This is a great place to visit for Community and HP support! I see by your post that you aren't able to scan. I would like to help.

Please provide the full name of the printer.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Katie77
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, it's a HP Laserjet 100 Colour MFL M175nw.  Thanks alot

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,621
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @Katie77.

I would try the steps listed in the document for your connection type that you are using to see if it will help:

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Katie77,

Just a few thoughts...

* Your printer likely has the option to scan from either the scan bed (glass) or from a document feeder (also referred to as an ADF).  The "No Document Loaded" message indicates that the document feeder's sensor doesn't detect any paper in the feeder.  If paper is inserted into the feeder, but you still see this message, you may have a paper jam or other mechanical issue that is preventing correct sensing of the pages.

* It wasn't clear from your description whether you were seeing this message and disabled Scan button on the front panel of the printer, or in software on your Mac.  In either case, you should look for scan settings that indicate the scan source.  Make sure that this setting reflects where you want to scan from (scan bed or feeder/ADF).

* Problems such as you have described have been observed occasionally as a result of out-of-date software.  Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest software for your product from support.hp.com.

Hope this helps,

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation