cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mannvicky
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

HP M1522nf MFP - No Scanning Support OS X Yosemite [SOLVED]

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M1522nf MFP
OS X

Ever since i have updated to os X yosemite I have lost the scanning function of my multifunction printer. I tried installing Apple Driver 3.0 as stated in other threads of this forum but scanning is still missing. 

I have gone through the documentation of Apple printer solution and they clearly say that they dont support scanning for MF1522 series. 

However printer is working fine but scanning is missing. Any help would be highly appreciated.

HP support pls roll out drivers for your printers it is very frustrating to keep looking for printer driver every time you update your OS.

Regards.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
mannvicky
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SOLVED:

FOUND A WAY TO INSTALL THIS FILE "HP LJ M1522 MFP series v1.5.0.mpkg" IN YOSEMITE. FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO FIX YOUR SCAN ISSUES

First download the Driver File "HP LJ M1522 MFP series v1.5.0.mpkg" from the HP support page.

Yosemite the HP driver installer presents you a strange message "Unsupported operating system, supported versions are 10.6 and above"! Must be joking.

Error

Luckily, there is a way to install the software: thanks to Justin's blog, one can easily force installer in belief it's about to install on 10.9 (that's what I did), which is "above" 10.6 (while 10.10.1 is seemingly not).

Word of caution: OSX knows to go hayway during this operation (Finder did it for me). So, do not reboot with changed plist, and quit any application running! What I did was prepare to launch installer (mounted the dmg), made a copy of the plist file, edited the plist by setting version to "10.9", performed the install, and immediately move the "original" back into place (to reset the version to actual one).

During install installer restarted Finder, and it went nuts (some icons did disappear). Then I verified that HP Scan still works, and did a reboot (as the plist file change did trigger some strange things). Everything was back to normal after i rebooted.

HP Scan app still works and handles the scanner just fine on Yosemite. :generic:

For Printer, use Apple Printer Driver 3.0

0 Kudos
jimmyj2
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how did you force install a software..pl help me too

0 Kudos
Llfong
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

Can you please explain in simple steps how you force install the scan for the HP Laserjet m1522nf Printer. thank you advance or your help.

0 Kudos
zopper
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a safer way, which works even on El Capitan (as on 10.11 is enabled rootless mode, which prevents you to change the OS version). Simply copy the .mpkg file out of the .dmg (drag&drop somewhere instead of double click). As .mpkg is in fact just a directory, you can rename its suffix to make it work as any other dir. Say you add .x on the very end. Double click now, and Finder will open it. Open file Contents/distribution.dist in any text editor (TextEdit is enough).

Here you find, near the top, this line: 

<script>function pm_install_check() { return true;

Add "return true;" - it will look like:

<script>function pm_install_check() { return true;

Now save the file, close it... and rename the installer to the original name. E.g. remove the .x we added at the beginning. Voila - you just disabled the version check and can install it.

The good thing is, network scanning will work this way even in El Capitan (10.11), even if the application is a bit messy and looks broken (buttons moved from where they should be to another places, some overlapping elements). The bad thing is, El Capitan broke printing with also this printer and even installing the HP tools doesn't fix it. 

0 Kudos
Drakeramoray77
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Zopper,

I run OS X Yosemite.

I downloaded "HP-LaserJet-M1522-MFP-series_v1.5.0.dmg" file

I renamed it to .xdmgx

But installer still opens the HP installer and then I get the version error message.

What do I need to do starting from having downloaded the .dmg file?

Thanks,

Markus

0 Kudos
ncoder007
1 1 0 2
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have found a work around.

1. Download the HP-LaserJet-M1522-MFP-series_v1.5.0.DMG file.

2. Double click to open.

3. Drag and drop the HP LJ M1522 MFP series v1.5.0.mpkg file to desktop. (Very important)

4. Right click on the copied file → Show package contents → Contents

5. Open distribution.dist file in a text editor.

6. Locate and delete this line → <installation-check script="pm_install_check();"/>

7. Save the file. Now try to install .

All good in the hood.

jeannielo
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In all my years of scanning the internet for help with computer issues, this is the best and most useful fix I have ever found - thank you!

0 Kudos
alenis
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FANTASTIC!!!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation