cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

HP MFP M127 unable to print via remote desktop

HP Recommended

Unable to get a HP MFP M127fw to print via remote desktop.  The printer appears but all print jobs hang and fail.  Locally the printer works fine.

Configuration:

User Workstaiton Windows 7 pro 64 bit and the Remote desktop is a Windows 2012 r2 server

The error message received is :

Faulting application name: printfilterpipelinesvc.exe, version: 6.3.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x5215e82b
Faulting module name: hpxtpsdrvf8.dll, version: 11.21.0.2275, time stamp: 0x519f521e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001421a
Faulting process id: 0x5c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1097861e25fc
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\printfilterpipelinesvc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\hpxtpsdrvf8.dll
Report Id: c3ff258e-7c8a-11e3-80e5-00155d14d414
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Tried several options, un-installed and re-installed,  removed manually the driver,  tried changing the printer driver to the universal printer driver but always the same error.

Some suggestions received was that this is a known problem with HP and they are hoping for an updated driver to fix this.  If anybody has a possible solution I have not tried please let me know.

Thanks

cjb

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Level 2
27 27 1 2
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi cjb,

I saw you have another post "MFP M127 with remote desktop Windows 2012 r2 not printing" with the same issue, right?

"The user Remote desktop into the remote server( which had the printer installed originally for testing) and the user sees his printer redirected but when he tries to print,  the print is shown on the server printer queue and then prints  but the user does not receive the print at his end."

How do you make the printer show on server printer queue?

I would like to confirm with you regarding the printer connection path. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Windows 2012 r2 server-->Remote connect with local PC Win7 Pro 64-->USB connect with printer M127.

Please try below steps and let me know if that helps.

method 1:  share printer on Win7 PC , then print from server again to test.

right click printer driver->Printer properties ->Sharing->check "Share this printer"

method 2: share printer on Win7 PC, install print driver on Server 2012, add printer port pointing to Win 7

refer to method 1 to share printer driver on Win7 PC

install print driver on Server 2012 by adding print post as" \\Win 7 computer name or IP address\Printer share name"

The above methods is the only ones I have in my head now. I may need your  clarifications for further troubleshooting.

Thanks and looking forward to your feedback.

have a good day.

Catherine

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues. Were you able to resolve this?

Andy

0 Kudos
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The configuration is  Windows 2012 r2 sever at location A.  With a user using Remote Desktop on Windows 7 at location B

0 Kudos
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No I was unable to find a solution

0 Kudos
3 3 0 1
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue with 2 new MFP M127's, on two totally different networks. Has anyone found a solution? I am ready to return these defective units :HalfEyes: HP phone support hasn't been any help.

3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue with a user attempting to print from his remote session to this printer located at his house.  Here's the specs:

Office computer: Win7Prox64

Home workstation: Win7Prox64

Home Laptop: Win7Prox32

2nd Laptop: Win8Prox63

My personal laptop used for testing: Win7ProX64.

On the office computer, I've installed the x32 and x64 drivers for the MFP M127 and the device shows up as a redirected printing option.  From the office computer, I'm able to send a document to the redirected printer,the document shows in the printer queue, but nothing comes out of the printer. 

The user also has a Brother black and white printer at his house and redirected printing from Remote Desktop works flawlessly.  

0 Kudos
3 3 0 1
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep, you might as well give up.

I talked to 3 different people at HP. Printer Support, Enterprise Support, and Pre-Sales. I believe it is a driver issue, but finding someone that actually works on the drivers is probably impossible.

The answers I received are:

"If it prints locally, there isn't anything we can do to help."

"The MFP M127 isn't an enterprise class printer. We cannot assist with remote printing."

I ended replacing the two M127's with two Brother MFP's with similar specifications. The brother printers worked flawlessly. I will not be selling HP printers to my clients going foward.

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What model Brother did you get?  I'll probably be doing the same for my home user (one of the owners of the company).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 3 0 1
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MFC-L2720DW

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation