Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
studentik Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP MFP M426fdn stack in booting

HP LaserJet MFP M426fdn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My new HP MFP M426fdn stack in booting.

How can a cold reset/factory reset be done?

Thanks for your answers.

2 REPLIES
studentik Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank technical support!

1.Turn the product off.

2. Turn the product on.

3.When HP logo appear, Press and hold the lower right quadrant (corner) of the touchscreen. Keep the quadrant depressed 60-90 sec.

3.When the Permanent Storage Init. message appears on the display, release the buttons.

4.When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

The problem was with Cyrillic characters in the device configuration.

0 Kudos
dreveal Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What do I do if this doesn't work? My machine is 3 weeks old  and it is stuck with the "load paper" prompt on the screen. I have done the holding the screen thing and have gotten all the way through the process but it keeps going back to the "load paper" prompt.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation