Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OJ6500wireless
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Yesterday, Printer did not pickup paper , Today, unistalled and reinstalled the drivers, and yet does not print the test page as problem is still there, paper picking up mechanism does not work, I can see the lever coming down but paper does not move in.

I opened up the lead to see if I can see some problem under that lead...and LO! there is lot of ink sprayed at the right hand corner and can see pool of ink still wet. Do you think the new ink cartridges overflowed inside and caused the damage?

Last time when I bought the ink at Staples I had to return 3-4 times on the very same purchase and ink cartidges were overflowing inside the packing itself. The Staples Manager was also puzzled. Ultimately I bought ink from Walmart. Over there too I had to open up 3-4 packages and with lot of wasting time, I got hold of good ink cartrdges that were intack inside the packing.

Is this ON GOING problem with HP??I would appreciate some help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @HPfanMe,

Thanks for reaching you. Smiley Happy . A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding the computer getting stuck on windows updates. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Do all the cartridges from Staples and Walmart except for the last package leak?

Please visit this link for paper pick issues. Please perform all the prescribed steps in it. If it does not resolve the issue, the printer has a hardware issue. Please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.

Please always contact HP phone support for replacement cartridges.

Steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

You could also visit HP sure supply and order the cartridges online directly from HP. That should do the trick for you as the cartridges would undergo stringent QC checks before being packaged.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a  fabulous week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@DavidSMP wrote:

Hi @HPfanMe,

Thanks for reaching you. Smiley Happy . A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding the computer getting stuck on windows updates. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Do all the cartridges from Staples and Walmart except for the last package leak?

Please visit this link for paper pick issues. Please perform all the prescribed steps in it. If it does not resolve the issue, the printer has a hardware issue. Please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.

Please always contact HP phone support for replacement cartridges.

Steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

You could also visit HP sure supply and order the cartridges online directly from HP. That should do the trick for you as the cartridges would undergo stringent QC checks before being packaged.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a  fabulous week ahead. Smiley Happy

Hello, David, You made my day by giving such positive comments about my explaining the issue of my printer. Now let me ask you why should I have to BUY HP ink directly from HP? Is not Staples or Walmart good enough? And buying here locally, for any problem with the purchase I can go back to them and get my purchase taken care of. I don't have to wait for items receiving by snail mail. 

2nd thing: you have suggested some steps about ink problem, now, if I have to open up the printer and do the pool cleaning etc...I may not have necessary tools or expertise. With the ink cartridge splashed while opening the package in the past, it had dripped on my table, (luckily my keyboard was an inch away or else it must have been ruined too!) and on carpet that cost me lot of money and stress anyways. I do not want to go through all these because here I would be deliberately opening up the mess in order to clean up and it WILL need more clean up after words.  My printer is not in warranty, so calling help line would charge me for giving advise, I don't have that kind of money! Plus, USING HP INK and yet my printer getting damaged with overflowing ink cartridges , I would like my printer to be replaced by HP as a matter of supporting LOYAL CUSTOMER for last 20 years!!!!!!!! Even because HP ink costing too much I did buy another brand printer and was not happy with that, so going back to square one, I purchased HP ink to get my work done! And that gave me more problems which I would not expect from HP products! Yes, my previous purchase where ink cartridges overflowed in the packing and ultimately got good cartridge after several trips to Staples and or Walmart!
     This time, on 03/31/2017 bought Black ink # 920 XL and 920 color cartridges regular. The black cartridge did not show burst splash in the package and I still have color cartridges of previous purchase in the printer. Only Black had to be replaced, but the color ones that I purchased this time are not opened yet. So it seems old color cartridges  as well as this new Black XL has overflown inside the printer.   So, even if I return 3 color cartridges to Staples, my $ 45.00 for Black XL cartridge would go in vain if I have to buy a new printer.  Your suggestion is good but doesn't seem possible for me to follow. I would like to  save on time, frustration. I would end up buying a new one in any case, so, I would appreciate if the HP Officejet 6500 WIRELESS to be replaced as a special case. Thanking you for your wonderful reply and of course your suggestion tips would be helpful to others having same type of problem, I am sure.
Meera Bakshi
*****I am trying to attach 3 photos of ink splashed inside the printer. well, I can not reach to "My Drive" from here, so can send you from my gmail account. Can I get your e-mail address so that I can sned them to you?

HP Recommended

Hi @HPfanMe,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.