cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Alex20111
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Office Jet 8600 ADF Jams from one side

I have a very lightly used HP Office Jet 8600 

The ADF feeder jams paper on one side. I tried cleaning and resetting but still have the same problem

As this is very lightly used printer I am very annoyed with this problem.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Alex20111,

I would be happy to help you with your Officejet 8600. I understand you are getting paper jams when using the document feeder and have already tried cleaning the document feeder.

Although the issue is paper jamming, and not a lack of feeding, I suspect the solutions presented in the following document may be helpful: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Paper.

If the issue persists, please call us. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Alex20111
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Your Case Number : [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
Alex20111
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I contacted HP. The printer was out of warranty and the problem was a feeder sensor.

They were good to settle the issue by a good offer on a new printer and 3 years HP warranty

They also offered 2 sets of ink cartridges free.

I accepted that offer and thanked their attemp to help.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation