cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Office Jet Pro 8500 Flashing Display

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8500 All in One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an Office Jet Pro 8500 which all of sudden decided to start flashing on and off. The display tells me to shut it off and then on which I have done several times and it still persists. I have it connected via ethernet router. I have rebooted both the router and the printer and still flashing. Has anyone had this issue before? And if so, can you assist with a resolution. thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,633
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @burtf,

I see by your post that you are getting the message to "turn the printer off and on again". I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Please try these steps to see if it will help resolve the issue.

HP All-in-One, Fax, and Copier Products - 'Turn Power Off then On' Message Displays on the Control P...

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please select "Accepted Solution", if these steps provided, helped resolve this issue.

Have a nice day! Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation