Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed the "HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer," I can not find the "print preview" feature as it was in the properties of my previous "HP Photosmart C4580 Multifunction Printer". What should I do to get the "print preview" features in the "HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer" feature ?.

Ho installato la "Stampante HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One", non riesco a trovare la funzione "anteprima di stampa" come esisteva nelle funzioni in proprietà della mia precedente "Stampante Multifunzione HP Photosmart C4580". Cosa debbo fare per avere nelle funzioni della "Stampante HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One" la funzione "anteprima di stampa"?.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Orsakki8

Printer Homepage

Drivers, Software and Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more:

HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer

Print Preview is (now) a function of the program / application you use to submit the job to the printer.

Most document editors (Office Word), PDF Reader software (Adobe Reader DC), browsers (Firefox, IE, and to some extent Edge), and your favorite photo printing software (HP Photo Creations ), all support some form of the Preview.  

The Full Feature Software is the infrastructure, that is, the framework to provide the features used by Print Preview (Media type, Size, Source, other options).

If you have not done so:

Download, save, and install the Full Feature Software for your printer:

HP OfficeJet 3830 series Full Feature Software and Drivers

Open the document / image in the application you want to use to submit the print job to the printer.

In many cases the "Print Preview" / Properties setup is available after you open the document / image and click on File > Print or perhaps a Printer icon in the application.

Examples

Firefox > File > [Print] > Print Preview

Internet Explorer > File > Print Preview

Edge browser > open your URL / webpage >

Settings (three dots, upper right) > Print > More Settings

Chrome > Settings > Print > More Settings

PDF Reader > Open document > click on tiny printer icon > 

Main menu provides settings > More settings in Properties 

Adobe Reader Help > Print PDFs

Reference:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Green_Line_1.jpg

From the extensive list of documents in your printer's How-to Section:

Printing Documents (Windows)

Green_Line_1.jpg

Photo and image printing tips, suggestions, and solutions:

Dragon Document - Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Print - Programs_and_Methods

Sections – various, including:

• Preparation
  • HP Photo Creations for Windows and Mac
  • Printing with Paint
    • Print Photo at Desired Size
  • Printing Photos with Windows Photo Viewer for Windows

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the timely response.

My request was referenced to the following in the "Full User Guide" for "HP Photosmart C4400" that I extracted:

To preview your print job

1. Make sure you have paper loaded in the input tray.

2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.

3. Make sure the product is the selected printer.

4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties,

Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

5. Select the print settings appropriate for your project on each of the tabs in the dialog

box.

6. Click the Features tab.

7. Select the Show Preview Before Printing check box.

8. Click OK, and then click Print or OK in the Print dialog box.

Your print job displays in the preview window.

9. In the HP preview window, do one of the following:

• To print, click Start Printing.

• To cancel, click Cancel Printing.

HP Recommended

@Orsakki8

You are welcome.

@Orsakki8 wrote:

Thanks for the timely response.

My request was referenced to the following in the "Full User Guide" for "HP Photosmart C4400" that I extracted:

<content removed>

It is important to consider which software application you are using to submit the job to the printer.

Individual programs vary in how they interact with the Operating System and with other programs installed on the computer, including the print software.

The User Guide provides a generally understand process / procedure intended as a guide / example of the methodology.  Details between the example provided in the guide and the print setup provided in your particular application will likely differ from one another.

Some applications do not provide a print interface -- this is sometimes the case for smaller, specialized apps written for a particular purpose.  In other words, not all applications can submit content to the printer. 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I had the "HP Photosmart C4400 All-in-One Printer" before buying the "HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer" and I was able to request the print preview as described below and it was working, which missing for the "HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer":

Preview your print job

You can preview your print job before sending it to the HP All-in-One. This helps to prevent

wasting paper and ink on projects that do not print as expected.

4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties,

5. Select the print settings appropriate for your project on each of the tabs in the dialog box.

8. Click OK, and then click Print or OK in the Print dialog box. Your print job displays in the preview window.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kind Regards,
Lorenzo Placidi

HP Recommended

@Orsakki8

OK...Printing software (now) works with a supporting application to provide access to the features and settings available for a given file type (kind of file: document or image).

@Orsakki8 wrote:

I had the "HP Photosmart C4400 All-in-One Printer" before buying the "HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer" and I was able to request the print preview as described below and it was working, which missing for the "HP OfficeJet 3834 All-in-One Printer":

Preview your print job

You can preview your print job before sending it to the HP All-in-One. This helps to prevent

wasting paper and ink on projects that do not print as expected.

4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties,

5. Select the print settings appropriate for your project on each of the tabs in the dialog box.

8. Click OK, and then click Print or OK in the Print dialog box. Your print job displays in the preview window.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kind Regards,
Lorenzo Placidi

How is the printing receiving the print job?

What is the name of the software application are you using to submit the print job?

For example,

Do you have a document open in Word?

Do you have open a PDF file in Adobe Reader DC?

Do you have open a web page in Chrome or Firefox and you want to print what you see on the open page?

Do you have open Windows Photo Viewer for the purpose of printing an image / photo file?

When is print preview not provided?

If you are trying to print the document or image without first opening the file in an appropriate application for that type of file, then Preview features are not available.  The printer uses the "defaults" as previously set in Printing Preferences.

For example,

If you have opened File Explorer (formally Windows Explorer),

If you then navigate to the folder in which the file is stored,

If you then Right-Click on that file for the purpose of printing that file directly to the printer,

THEN print preview, properties, and other "preview" and setting features are not available.

How to gain access to "Print Preview"

Open the file in the appropriate document editor / PDF Reader / photo image software to take advantage of the full range of print software features for that application.

For example,

If the file is a document, open the file in a supporting software

Examples:  Word, PDF Reader, Web page

If the file is an image or photo, open the file in a photo / image software

Examples:  HP Photo Creations, Windows Photo Viewer, Photoshop

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your response.
Do you know the supporting application to provide access to the features and settings available for a given file type (kind of file: document or image)?

Kind Regards,
Lorenzo Placidi

HP Recommended

I apologize for my insistence, do you know a support application to provide a print preview simulation? (No: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, PDF Reader, Adobe Reader, Word, etc.)

Best regards,
Lorenzo Placidi

HP Recommended

The name of the software application that I use to submit the print job is: RonyaSoft CD DVD Label Maker.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.