Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 8 (8,156 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6500 can not print labels correctly

Please someone to assist me on this. I just bought a new printer Hp Officejet 6500 to replace my old HP Photosmart,  do a lot of label printing, but my new printer does not align the labels correctly. Did not have this problem in the past and is quite frustrating... I do create the labels the same way as did on my previous printer Micrsosoft Word to create labels , going to tools, letters and labels and on the menu I select the correct code for the Avery label that is L7651 (Small labels) I tried different size labels but still the labels do not align correctly.Any recommendations will be much appreciated !

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 8 (7,754 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500 can not print labels correctly

After a bunch of mucking around with my Officejet 6500, I determined that if you set the paper type to

" Borderless A4" (in printer properties/preferences- just tick the "borderless" box) then all works OK.

Hope this works for you.

Tutor
Message 3 of 8 (7,741 Views)

You could also try printing labels from Open Office instead of Word.

I had a lot of problems with labels and I eventually got rid of my 6500 thinking it was just an HP problem and I bought a similar Epson printer which low and behold, exhibited  exactly the same, quite specific, problems with printing labels. I then tried printing labels with Open Office instead of Word 2007, and it worked  perfectly on the Epson and I now think it would probably be fine with the 6500.

In hindsight, I think the problem may stem from Word 2007 and Windows 7 / Vista not playing nicely together, plus a bit of something from the newer driver software for both the 6500 and the Epson. I never had any problems with envelopes and labels using my old HP G85, even on Windows 7.

Good luck

Honor Student
Message 4 of 8 (7,669 Views)

OMG!  This is driving me nuts.... The margins and settings are all facocked on this 6500a plus printer.  I am going to try some of the tips and hope this works.  Thanks for the tips gang!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (7,667 Views)

UPDATE:  Tried both of the suggestions above... but I still can't get the print to fall within the lines of the labels.  I tried messing about with the margins, but that didn't do any good either.

Anyone else have any suggestions?  or am I going to have to return this printer???

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Honor Student
Message 6 of 8 (7,666 Views)

Help!!!! Smiley Sad

Student
Message 7 of 8 (6,566 Views)

Very frustrating indeed! After several hours, I finally got around it by adjusting the label size in word (i.e. compensating for the adjustment the printer makes)! 

Student
Message 8 of 8 (5,722 Views)

I figured it out!!!  the borderless thing just made my lables off.  I just made the paper an HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper and it took it!  yay!  Foil labels FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!  hope ths helps somebody!Smiley Very Happy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation