Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,137 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6600 fax problem

I am trying to send faxes via this device from an extension off a PABX, but after following all of the instructions in the user guide (dial via the phone handset etc) I cannot communicate with another fax in our organisation. The OfficeJet 6600 works perfectly when connected to a direct line.

Are there any known issues faxing via a phone extension with this device?

Thanks in anticipation.

David

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 4 (1,113 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6600 fax problem

Is this PABX a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Phone)? 

Usually the printer will not guarantee sending and receiving fax all the time, because it has a lot of transmitters interrupting between the communication. 

Since this works fine with a single line, then it is something with the PABX. You may have to contact them, and let them know. This seems interested. I would really like to know the results. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,105 Views)

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

The phone is connected to a PABX. When dialing from the handset (as noted in the user guide) I can certainly hear the usual fax "noises", but then there is a period of total silence, followed by the error "No answer".

We are getting an entirely new PABX (and a new set of handsets - about 80) in a couple of months, so perhaps we might have to wait and try it with the new system.

I will let you know what happens!

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]

i did a little more research and found a link that may give you more assistance with this issue. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/buu50333

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation